Login required to post replies

anyone use bittorrent?
Quote | Reply
anyone?

tell me about it.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone use bittorrent? [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For about an hour. found it frustrating. mind you, i'm not the THE most computer literate, but it still seemed semi-worthless.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone use bittorrent? [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I use it. It is far from useless. It is quite useful for finding/downloading hard to find and/or copyrighted material. Old television shows or specials in particular. Remember the old Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman holiday specials? I found them on bittorrent.

It sort of works like newsgroups, but it's much easier to use and you don't need a subscription. While you download you are also uploading. Basically, a bunch of people are sharing the same file. You download bits and pieces from each other while you upload (share) the bits and pieces you've already downloaded.

I use Bitlord software for the actual downloading, but prefer the BitTorrent search feature.

One hint: after you download a .torrent you can look and see which files you'll be downloading and then decide if there are any you want to weed out before you start the download.

Lewis
Quote Reply
Re: anyone use bittorrent? [Lactic Achole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
One hint: after you download a .torrent you can look and see which files you'll be downloading and then decide if there are any you want to weed out before you start the download.[/reply]

I dont get the hint.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply