Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is there a plumber in the house?
Quote | Reply
I fought off the temptation to post OT in the main forum.

Anyone know specific plumbing codes, i.e., can I put a 45 on the bottom of a drain tailpiece and then drop that down via another 45 into the p-trap? I'm not sure if that's allowed under the UPC.

I'm trying to matchup a new sink to an old trap. Being as sick of this project as I am, I am in no mood to blast the whole thing off and re-plumb fresh from the wall if I don't have to.

Thanks for any sharing of knowledge.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a plumber in the house? [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a plumber, nor do I know anything about plumbing codes -- BUT, I know there are several flexible pipe options on the market for retro fitting new into old, so I would imagine it's ok...

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may be familiar with the THS forums, but if not, they're a great resource and questions are usually answered promptly: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/plumbing/
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a plumber in the house? [mcastle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx. I'll give that a try.

Jarhead, I'm w/ on the flexible piece signaling it's OK. And it likely is. I just don't trust it to be code, though, and we have verrrrrrrrrrrry picky inspectors here!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not a plumber and do not play one on TV.

Codes vary by State, County, City, Region, ect...

Ok with the disclaimers out of the way.

There should be no problem with code doing this. as long as the trap is in there and you have no horizontal run.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a plumber in the house? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would agree with this statement, so long as the trap is serviceable. The problem with bends is water restriction and being able to clean the line. If your total bends are only 90 degrees, cleanout and water flow is not a problem.
Quote Reply