Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New to Blackberry 7100i...some help/advice needed...
Quote | Reply
I have a new 7100i thu my local Nextel store. The 18 year old kid who sold me the phone was useless in helping me set it up. I have had to trial and error my way into making it work. I have most of it figured out except:

1) I set up my e-mail thru the blackberry internet service. I linked my regular email account to it but only gets a fraction of my actual e-mail traffic. Is there something I'm missing here?

2) the browser internet surfing function is proving slow and cumbersome. What are the optimal browser settings for speed and user friendliness? It possible I don't have the correct html/java apps/font size etc settings optimized.

Any help is most appreciated.

Doug in Michigan

Quote Reply
Re: New to Blackberry 7100i...some help/advice needed... [campbell53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check http://www.blackberryforums.com

Not sure about Nextel's version or their network, but I tried a 7100T (on Tmobile) - returned it because the web browsing was so slow (about half the speed of a 56k modem). Call Nextel, and ask what kind of speeds you should be getting,, I checked their websites, and didn't see any specs for their internet speed, so i doubt you'll like the answer.

If you're not tied to Nextel, try the 8700c blackberry from Cingular - it uses "Edge", or Verizon's 7130e which uses "EVDO".
Quote Reply
Re: New to Blackberry 7100i...some help/advice needed... [campbell53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For it to work properly, the first thing that you have to do is close your inbox. Assuming that you use MS outlook, the blackberry cannot retrieve messages that are not left on your email server. The only reason that you have gotten any (If you have not closed your inbox) is that your blackberry got them before Outlook did.

If you have been closing your inbox, you can set your preferences on the Nextel blackberry site to pick up the emails more frequently/auto delete and the like. It sounds to me however that you simply need to close your inbox while away from your desk so that you get the emails. If you are not comfortable with that, have your IT folks set your inbox to leave a copy of your messages on your email server so that the blackberry can still pick them up. I have had 3. I love them.

The browser is almost unusable on all of the models that I have had. You need a laptop for mobile browsing at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: New to Blackberry 7100i...some help/advice needed... [triyoshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the input. I thought that I was supposed to do the opposite..keep the inbox open. I will try that!

Doug in Michigan

Quote Reply