Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Warning - has your race payment info been hacked?
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Warning - has your race payment info been hacked? [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So active enjoys sending out copious amounts of spam to notifier users of every potential race but they can't be bothered to send out a message that their system had been hacked? They also can't be bothered to put an update on their website. And its not like they just found out as the article makes if clear the fraud started months ago.

The only positive thing that can be said is that will not make me change my behavior regarding using them. They have such a long history of intentionally making false charges/signing you up for things you don't want I was already checking my statements post-Active registrations ready looking for extra charges. I guess when your business model depends on tricking people into clicking boxes so that they pay extra fees its doesn't feel like a big deal to learn they are being complicit with an active scam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's time go back to manually filling out the registration form and mailing a check.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Warning - has your race payment info been hacked? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
It's time go back to manually filling out the registration form and mailing a check.
================================================================
my fondest dream.
it, in fact, worked well.
peggy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had someone try to charge a transfer to my Visa card in December. I caught it right away, thanks to an email from Visa telling me about it. Was able to take care of it. Interestingly, I primarily use my Discover card. The only time I used my Visa last year was at a restaurant, and a couple of race entries that didn't take Discover. But, I don't think either entry was with Active (didn't show up on statement as Active). At the same time, I started getting flooded with spam. I think whoever was behind this hoped that I wouldn't notice the email from BankAmerica.

salmon - not because I'm a fish
Quote Reply
Re: Warning - has your race payment info been hacked? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They did send out an e-mail to affected people. I received one, but it went to my spam folder.

Quote Reply
Re: Warning - has your race payment info been hacked? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it a US or UK race?

I'm in the UK and I did make a transaction with Active during the period stated in the BBC article but for a US race. I checked and can't find the email you are referring to. I wonder if this means that the hack affected a sub-set of races which Active already knows about and so they only contacted people registered for certain races. If this is true Active better be sure they actually known which races were hit.
Quote Reply
Re: Warning - has your race payment info been hacked? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As best as I can recall, the only Active races we signed up for during the period were Mont Tremblant WTC races. It was during a period where I wasn't racing much, so the list is short.

Quote Reply
Re: Warning - has your race payment info been hacked? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:

Unfortunately some races, like 70.3 Mont Tremblant, sell out in under an hour, so you would have to nail your timing on that mailing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. MasterCard Debit hacked last week and now I see this. No email from Active. Not in spam folder either. Used Active 8 times during the Dec. 16- Sep. 17 time frame and did not "store my card info for future use."
Quote Reply