Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania
Quote | Reply

"If an armed intruder attempts to gain entrance into any of our classrooms, they will face a classroom full students armed with rocks and they will be stoned.
"We have some people who have some pretty good arms. They can chuck some rocks pretty fast."

http://www.bbc.com/...d-us-canada-43523797
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna start carrying a concealed stone. It's my right. I'm not even going to ask for a permit. And my stone is unregistered too.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
I'm gonna start carrying a concealed stone. It's my right. I'm not even going to ask for a permit. And my stone is unregistered too.

it's arrogance and lawlessness like this that give licensed stone carriers a bad name. youre dangerous gress. better pray you dont get a code red.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only a good guy with a stone can stop a bad guy with a gun.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is there a minimum waiting period to obtain a stone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting stoned is now legal in many states.
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

No, you can pick one up at any local park. No background check needed

Ad Muncher
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David took out Goliath with a stone.

It seems like this should work.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about the stoneshow loop hole?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those kids sure got some stones.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mentioned it awhile back in another thread. My wife is a teacher in PA. They armed them with lacrosse balls awhile back to defend themselves and students.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting a gunman stoned is a great idea to stop a him. I mean, who can really shoot straight when they're high?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In HS, what I lacked in stature I made up for in sarcasm. If our school had adopted this "stone 'em" policy, we'd have been merciless. The ways to entertain one's self with this are infinite.

When the teacher asks you to quit bringing a bag of rocks into his/her class, affect outrage that teacher would leave you defenseless.

Keep a box of rocks on your desk in each classroom. Prepositioned stocks of defensive materials.

Throw rocks around the classroom. I mean it's not like the school offered any training so what else were you supposed to do?

Books @ Amazon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
David took out Goliath with a stone.

It seems like this should work.

Goliath didn't have a gun. But Palestinians have been throwing rocks at Israelis for decades. How did that work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can appreciate some of the humor in this. But would you rather the children be totally defenseless? To be honest, I don't think this is a bad idea. If a bad guy enters a room and gets pelted with 40 baseball size rocks, it might make a difference. The alternative is no defense at all. I'll take something over nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You really thing a bunch of kids looking down the barrel of a gun are going throw rocks instead of scream and hide under their desks?
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
You really thing a bunch of kids looking down the barrel of a gun are going throw rocks instead of scream and hide under their desks?
After receiving 40 hours of training they’ll do just fine.

(Sort of like their teachers with their guns.)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just need to use the small rocks to keep the bad guy occupied until backup arrives.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't think this is going to end up well against an intruder armed with a semi automatic weapon
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:

I think if they were ready and bombarded him when he peaked into the room it could make a difference. I wouldn't think they would just enter a room shooting until they knew there was someone actually in the room.

Do I think it would stop every shooter? No. Do I think it could make a difference in some circumstances? Yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

No, you can pick one up at any local park. No background check needed

Ad Muncher

Yeah, that's no good for all the people that don't go outside anymore. The real game changer will come when we can 3-D print our own stones.
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I can appreciate some of the humor in this. But would you rather the children be totally defenseless? To be honest, I don't think this is a bad idea. If a bad guy enters a room and gets pelted with 40 baseball size rocks, it might make a difference. The alternative is no defense at all. I'll take something over nothing.

I'd contend that terror makes people freeze. Think "deer in the headlights". In order to overcome that, one has to wargame scenarios over and over again. That way the reptile brain, trained to respond by repetition and w/o conscious thought, can take over and execute. So sure, the rocks idea could potentially work, but the classroom would have to practice the heck out of it. Which would be a lot of fun. Also good for the contractor that will be replacing the door each week.

Spending 10min each day flinging rocks, just as hard as you possibly can, at the classroom door could work out all sorts of excess energy out of the system. The boys would have a blast. ADHD cases, being defined by behaviors historically listed as "normal boy foolishness", might plummet.

That said, our boys being soccer oriented don't have much experience throwing things. Much to my chagrin, they throw like girls, no offense to the fairer sex intended. Us playing catch, once every couple months, isn't enough to fix that. The folks behind this stone idea probably remember childhoods where they were throwing things all the time and every kid played on the local little league teams. Most every kid, in the 60s and 70s, could throw a baseball from the left field fence to the catcher. Heck, us kids used to have pinecone fights that could last for hours. No Nerfguns back then. Couldn't have BB gun wars if there were adults in the area. Adults were full of anxieties.

Books @ Amazon
Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [laangels001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe but as a last resort better than nothing against a semi-auto weapon.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Gunmen will be stoned in Pennsylvania [kevinbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kevinbe wrote:
What about the stoneshow loop hole?

Don't bring Jagger into this.
Quote Reply