Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1 piece trisuit; sleeves or sleeveless?
Quote | Reply
I was hoping to get some advice on sleeved or sleeveless tri-suits. I'm definitely getting a 1 piece suit, but I can't decide if I want sleeves or not. I would prefer them because I would like the extra sun protection on my shoulders but I'm worried about it being too restrictive for me. I don't have typical triathlete dimension. I'm 5'10" 195lbs, but I have a size 32" waist, 43" hips, 45"chest, and 16" biceps. I'm pretty sure in just about every suit I would wear a large overall based on height and weight. However, I am concerned that a large size w/ sleeves would cause some restriction in my upper body. I feel the sleeveless would be better size wise but I am really looking for that shoulder protection. This is mostly for 70.3 races and 1 coat of sunscreen pre-race would be enough for my arms and legs, but not enough for shoulders on sunny days.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: 1 piece trisuit; sleeves or sleeveless? [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately you will have to try and experiment I am afraid. I have both sleeved and sleeveless and I have found it depends on the brand. Since you seem have big arms I would suggest if you get sleeved stay away from an suit thats says it has compression that will just make you feel restricted in the chest and arms. Some 'aero' suits seem like they have compression so beware there too. If you want to try one that doesnt have compression and wont break your bank try Wiggle's site. I have tried the DNB sleeved suit and I was surprised at the quality and that it felt good but not restrictive. The Wiggle staff are really helpful so just chat with them. Hope that helps and good luck!!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: 1 piece trisuit; sleeves or sleeveless? [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I’m not directly your size (42” chest, 15” bicep, 32” waist, 6’3”, 180) I have no trouble at all wearing a sleeved suit... I tote around a DeSoto Riviera Flisuit and don’t feel constricted at all. No compression in the shoulder area. You could also consider sleeveless and using something like Coolwings to cover shoulder area when needed.

Edit: saw your handle says rugby. I’m a former rugger myself having played flanker 😎

Blog | Strava
Last edited by: trihawg: Mar 23, 18 17:39
Quote Reply