Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel vs Jan Oceanside 2018. What will Lionel's swim deficit be?!? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he would get dusted by some 11 and 12 year olds...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgkaCa1hmK9/

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel vs Jan Oceanside 2018. What will Lionel's swim deficit be?!? [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to hijack, clicked on your link below, you swam for KCB. Both of my kids have. One swims in college now, one swims for Senior group. You lived through Pete, you deserve a medal just for that. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel vs Jan Oceanside 2018. What will Lionel's swim deficit be?!? [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davejustdave wrote:
lightheir wrote:
randomtriguy wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on lionels video.

It’s here for those that want to see

Dang, it's ridiculous to see the freaking IM 2nd place to world champion get utterly dusted in a swim meet, likely by a bunch of boys 10 years younger than him. And Lionel's a very capable pro triathlete swimmer now, even if he isn't a Kona 1st pack swimmer (yet).

I mean seriously, he was nearly half a pool length behind the leader in the first 20 seconds of the race!

Props to LS for taking the hit to his ego in search of improvement, and to also share his experience with us. I'm a fanboy, I admit it - love seeing the human side of uberpros as they work for further improvement.

This video pretty much sums up exactly why I'm a fanboy. It's so hard not to like somebody who is this open.

I honestly don't get the hate that he receives on here. Dude is incredibly talented, and just having a great time

Cool to watch, and a nice improvement from him. He definitely doesn't look like a fish in the water, and that start. Oh, that start. But nicely done.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel vs Jan Oceanside 2018. What will Lionel's swim deficit be?!? [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did your oldest swim with Pete before he retired? What a legend!

Everyone has a different opinion of the man - He was a great coach, and I pretty much credit him for making me impervious to pain and hardship. But he was TOUGH and I hated him sometimes - he made me cry when I was 17. My sisters quit swimming altogether because of him. He made us do 1500 butterflys for time and swim in 65 degree water in the summer.

One of my favorite memories (now, not then) was when we practiced outdoors in the summer. During lighting storms, he would have his stopwatch out and would be counting the seconds between the lightning and thunder (5 seconds?) to determine if the lightning was close enough to let us out of the pool. The team parents did NOT like that.

But if you got an ever-so-rare compliment from him, you really know you had a great swim!

Hope your kids are enjoying swimming!

Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next