trisuit: two piece or suit?
Quote | Reply
which do yall prefer?

i assume two piece is more comfortable?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: trisuit: two piece or suit? [legitlegit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

We just had this discussion, although I can't find the thread at the moment. Did you try searching (granted, the search function leaves a lot to be desired).

What distance are you competing in? That affects the decision. I do short course so it's a one-piece.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find the one piece is more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would try some on if you can. For me, the sleeved one piece is the only way to go. I have extra skin in the mid section from weight loss and the skin hangs over tri/cycling shorts on the bike, which is not comfortable. One piece act's like man spanx for me. And I like the sleeves for sun coverage. Seems like I always used to burn my shoulders and upper back during races. Then I have friends who will only wear sleeveless two piece after trying a few different sleeved speed suits. Definitely a matter of personal preference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One piece all the way. That way you’ll never have to worry about a tramp stamp sun burn from the top riding up while on the bike.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on the fence. I ended up with a couple one pieces and I find them restrictive over the head but comfortable on the bike. Never raced in them. Admittedly it could have been the cheap SL-3 suit or just a little too small. But end of the day it just didn't work out. I still train sometimes wearing them. Thinking of giving a larger suit a try though.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. Your assumption is incorrect as most people find the 1-piece suits more comfortable for most body types. Whereas the 2-piece suits are more convenient. Plus the ability to mix change just your top at some point during training or racing is a benefit to some.
Quote Reply
Re: trisuit: two piece or suit? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
One piece all the way. That way you’ll never have to worry about a tramp stamp sun burn from the top riding up while on the bike.

The Castelli tri tops/bottoms (Stealth top 2 and Free tri short) have fasteners that attach them together so that the top won't ride up when on the bike, but you still have the convenience of a two piece suit. I'm assuming there are other brands that have similar features.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is totally a preference question. I prefer a 1 piece because it holds in my muffin tops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This actually made me stop and think about what I do prefer... I've trained and raced in shorts/top 2-piece, bib-shorts/top 2-piece, and a onesie (as my kids call it). I've honestly been just fine every time and couldn't really pick one over the other. I currently race in the onesie as it keeps the whole set-up static while riding. No worry about bunching or riding up or shifting... For training, though, the bib-shorts/top combo is hard to beat. Super comfortable shorts and you can throw on a shirt that fits the situation (i.e. long sleeve, short sleeve, more pockets, etc.). But it really is personal preference.

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for what it's worth, we sell 50-50.
one of the main advantages of the 2-piece option (and it's often overlooked) is that it allows those who do not have a longiline physics to adapt: with M shorts + L top, for ex.

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
legitlegit wrote:
which do yall prefer?

thanks

One piece is more comfortable. I think you'll find another thread on ST where a top coach suggests that 2 piece on an IM can be responsible for gastric distress in some people merely from hours of having the waistline press into your gut. The one piece won't do that.
Quote Reply
Re: trisuit: two piece or suit? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
legitlegit wrote:
which do yall prefer?

thanks

One piece is more comfortable. I think you'll find another thread on ST where a top coach suggests that 2 piece on an IM can be responsible for gastric distress in some people merely from hours of having the waistline press into your gut. The one piece won't do that.

The irony being that 2 piece facilitates the reliving of some of this gastric distress, in terms of ease of liberating oneself from one's outfit in the tight confines of a Johnny on the spot...
Quote Reply
Re: trisuit: two piece or suit? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless you are gunning for the podium, and assuming the two piece is not the cause of a #2 stop, then the whole advantage argument for them goes out the window.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've still got a sunburn mark across my lower back from an Ironman about 5 years ago. Just sayin'...

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With one piece my stomach hurts between 2 and 10 min After T2. I guess it has to do with a kind of cold on my stomach that develop only on one piece. It's weird.
Quote Reply
Re: trisuit: two piece or suit? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:

The Castelli tri tops/bottoms (Stealth top 2 and Free tri short) have fasteners that attach them together so that the top won't ride up when on the bike, but you still have the convenience of a two piece suit. I'm assuming there are other brands that have similar features.

I wore the stealth top and free shorts last year for a full iron, they never rode up and were comfortable. I did get a mean abrasion from the zipper rubbing on my sternum. I'm not sure they designed the top to be worn without something under it?
Quote Reply