Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Basic Bike Fit: South/Central Jersey
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a fitter/shop where I can get a basic (very basic) fit done that doesn't cost $ a hundred bucks to adjust a seat up and down? I do most of my own cleatology and fine tune my own fit base-off propioceptive feedback.

Thanks!
G
Quote Reply
Re: Basic Bike Fit: South/Central Jersey [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apache wrote:
Can anyone recommend a fitter/shop where I can get a basic (very basic) fit done that doesn't cost $ a hundred bucks to adjust a seat up and down? I do most of my own cleatology and fine tune my own fit base-off propioceptive feedback.

Thanks!
G

Hart's Cyclery in Pennington is one of my sponsors and provides all my bike/fit support. Take a look at their website....they are very triathlon oriented. Ask for Ross Hart (owner) or head mechanic/technician, Oscar. Let them know I recommended.....you are on a budget.....and they will take care of you.
Quote Reply
Re: Basic Bike Fit: South/Central Jersey [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, already talked to them. Not looking for a comprehensive tri bike fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could do it yourself for free.
Quote Reply
Re: Basic Bike Fit: South/Central Jersey [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While it’s possible there’s a less helpful member on this forum, you’re definitely in the running.

Re: Basic Bike Fit: South/Central Jersey [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
While it’s possible there’s a less helpful member on this forum, you’re definitely in the running.

THAT's a signature waiting to happen

Right up there with: "I thought it over and have decided to say: Your comment is quite possibly one of the stupidest comments I have ever read on Slowtwitch, which is kind of like saying, 'this might just be the worst 3-bean salad I’ve ever had at Sizzler.'"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Basic Bike Fit: South/Central Jersey [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:

Ha! Agreed. No matter where you are or what you're doing there's always one in the crowd...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you closer to South or Central Jersey?

Keswick or D&Q get a lot of recommends in South Jersey [CamCo/BurlCo]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Basic Bike Fit: South/Central Jersey [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Yes, I chatted with D&Q. They want $99 for a basic fit. I guess gone are the days when you could roll into a shop and ask for some assistance with seat positioning and slide a twenty to the person helping you. There's not a large cycling crowd near here and I mostly ride by myself. Otherwise, I'd get some assistance from a fellow cyclist who's close by.

Cheers,
G
Quote Reply