Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does IM Tremblant Sell Out Still?
Quote | Reply
Just got an email saying that IM MT is 90% sold out, does anyone know if it sold out last year?
Would like to do it again this year but need to make sure my knee can handle it (and the kid's soccer schedules dont conflict) before signing up.
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM Tremblant Sell Out Still? [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it normally does
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, I'm pretty sure it has -not- sold out the past couple years.
But doesn't mean it won't this year.....who knows.
The 70.3 event there sells out very quickly every year.
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM Tremblant Sell Out Still? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure it has -not- sold out the past couple years.
But doesn't mean it won't this year.....who knows.
The 70.3 event there sells out very quickly every year.

I'm doing the 70.3 in June as a test to see if the knee can handle a full. I 'think' they (the company) say most IM sell out but in fact you can still register for most the week before and only a fee sell out months in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a post this week that they (IMMT) is now open to Relay Teams. To me, Ironman relays are a clear signal that participation is on the decline. If I recall my history, one of the reasons WTC pulled the license from the original Ironman Germany (now Challenge Roth) was because Roth allowed relays and WTC wanted them to stop. We've come full circle.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Mar 21, 18 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM Tremblant Sell Out Still? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The full is now 90% full
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I saw a post this week that they (IMMT) is now open to Relay Teams. To me, Ironman relays are a clear signal that participation is on the decline. If I recall my history, one of the reasons WTC pulled the license from the original Ironman Germany (now Challenge Roth) was because Roth allowed relays and WTC wanted them to stop. We've come full circle.

I was surprised when I got the email announcing the relay. They even mention it's the ONLY full that will have relay option-I was wondering if it's an Ironman experiment at what is already a popular/highly rated race or if they are just looking to push the numbers to 100%.
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM Tremblant Sell Out Still? [Skippy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skippy74 wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

I was surprised when I got the email announcing the relay. They even mention it's the ONLY full that will have relay option-I was wondering if it's an Ironman experiment at what is already a popular/highly rated race or if they are just looking to push the numbers to 100%.

They effing LIED or are stone cold ignorant. I am racing Ironman Haugesund this summer and the relay option has been out there for a long time. You can see it on their registration site here: http://www.ironman.com/...gesund/register.aspx

Haugesund is struggling with participation and just this week announced they would bring back the 70.3 so people can choose to race the 140.6, the 140.6 relay or the 70.3 all on 1 July 2018.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Not sure which BUT here's a screenshot from the email with the announcement... Guess they never considered ST would discuss it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they are not intentional liers, and assume instead they are just stone cold, ignorant and also too damn lazy to check the registration sites of all other IMs. Ironman Vichy is another full race with a relay option. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they are not intentional liers, and assume instead they are just stone cold, ignorant and also too damn lazy to check the registration sites of all other IMs. Ironman Vichy is another full race with a relay option. :)

Maybe they're just too damn lazy to include 'in North America'? Or in Canada? Or in Quebec?? (since I'm too damn lazy to check to see if any other race in NA or Canada or Quebec have a relay option!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they are the only one for the Americas. Meanwhile, Ironman Estonia also has a relay. So at least 4 full IMs have this option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
Just got an email saying that IM MT is 90% sold out, does anyone know if it sold out last year?
Would like to do it again this year but need to make sure my knee can handle it (and the kid's soccer schedules don't conflict) before signing up.

2017 there was 1,936 people that started
2016 there was 2,480 [not sold out]
2015 there was 2,350 [not sure if sold out]
2014 there was 2,289 [i think this was sold out]
2012 there was 2,100 [sold out] First year
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM Tremblant Sell Out Still? [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the 90% full email was also BS. I don't trust anything when it comes to Ironman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IM sold out several years ago.
Last edited by: knighty76: Mar 23, 18 1:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last year, you could sign up the day before the race!
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM Tremblant Sell Out Still? [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can confirm the event is over 90% sold out!
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM Tremblant Sell Out Still? [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:

The number of general registrations that = 'sold out' does not seem to be fixed year to year; and is NEVER revealed to the general public in advance of the event. It gives rise to skepticism about what is really going on with any specific event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
sportstats wrote:

The number of general registrations that = 'sold out' does not seem to be fixed year to year; and is NEVER revealed to the general public in advance of the event. It gives rise to skepticism about what is really going on with any specific event.

Very well said.
Quote Reply