Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things?
Quote | Reply
Around $330 delivered from ebay.

Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the even a question one needs to think about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell no, I wouldn't be caught dead in that...

but this, hell yes!

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [Smil'n Hawaiian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either of those might be a fit for Jamie O'Brien's next round of shenanigans:

https://vimeo.com/153048400
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:

You're right. I'm ordering mine already!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely !

This is what I really want though.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Make sure the camera is rolling as you tow it up to speed, get it aloft, then have it come slamming back into the water. FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!!

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live on a lake. A neighbor bought a smaller swan. He hates it. It takes forever to deflate and storing one is a PITA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
I live on a lake. A neighbor bought a smaller swan. He hates it. It takes forever to deflate and storing one is a PITA.

That was my thought when I first saw it.
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
SH wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Make sure the camera is rolling as you tow it up to speed, get it aloft, then have it come slamming back into the water. FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!!

like this ? kite tube

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I could see a few of the triathlon teams buying a few of these and tatting them up with sponsor logos.
I was thinking it would make a great replacement for this:

No way a boat wouldn't see me with a giant unicorn attached to my waist.
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every year the wife gets a bunch of plastic blow up crap for the pool and the at the end of the year I have to deflate it and attempt to store it. This fall we filled in the pool. Yeah.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh, the semiannual spouse duties with outdoor gear. Mine is singlehandedly carting all of the lawn and deck furniture upstairs from the basement every springtime, following that with the flower pots, yard decorations, and other random crap....and then rinsing it off and carting it all back downstairs in the autumn only to have it used for about 8 total hours over the course of spring, summer, and early autumn. And now she wants to spend a heap of cash on new comfy deck chairs. All I can do is shrug and bite my tongue.

len wrote:
Every year the wife gets a bunch of plastic blow up crap for the pool and the at the end of the year I have to deflate it and attempt to store it. This fall we filled in the pool. Yeah.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That baby has CaptainCanada written all over it.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
That baby has CaptainCanada written all over it.

Fuck yeah.

Unicorn ftw!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So glad I moved to Texas where I can keep my pool open year round. The kids started using it this past week during spring break. I never enjoyed pools in Canada when I was younger. Here in the south I love doing a long run in the summer and then lounging in the pool to cool off afterwards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not for $330, but if I could score one for only $100 or less I'd actually consider it... There's a water polo club not far from here that puts on an open-water festival/tourney every summer that's super popular. The kids all camp out in a tent village, and they set up a pair of 'courts' by the marina docks, so the outboard side from the docks is full of kayaks & smaller inflatables bobbing around for people to chill and spectate, with some bigger boats anchored further out (difficult for them to safely motor in any closer). Just for that specific application, a goofy-ass inflatable that's big enough for half a dozen bodies would be pimp as hell (the bottom pic looks more like a typical crowd than the top one; that must've been an early time slot).

Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone see themselves buying one of these things? [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was walking around Sam's Club today, and they were literally going for $150.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Around $330 delivered from ebay.

That looks like the Official Slowtwitch Lavender Room Kona Party Barge right there.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply