Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I need fashion advice ... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, I would wear grey pants, then black or gray shoes/belt. The belt should always be matched to the shoes.

https://theidleman.com/...-with-a-black-shirt/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: I need fashion advice ... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colors work but shoes look like boots / chukkas. Not my first choice.
Quote Reply
Re: I need fashion advice ... [Brick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brick wrote:
Colors work but shoes look like boots / chukkas. Not my first choice.

I prefer dress boots or chukkas with khakis. Dress shoes with dress pants.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’re from Wisconsin, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brick wrote:

Yep. Let's hear it ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brick wrote:

The OP is wearing a shirt with his company's logo on it, and khakis. Chukkas are fine.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yep. Let's hear it ...

1. You wear socks with loafers and boat shoes.
2. You get fashion advice from European/British websites.
3. You own some form of skinny or stretch jeans or pants.
4. You tend to call non-jeans casual pants, “slacks.”
5. You think number 3 looks good on you.
6. You own at least one pair of straight front cuffed “slacks.”
7. You think number 6 looks good on you.
8. You believe the marketers who sell “dress boots.”
9. You refuse to acknowledge the truth that dress boots are neither.
10. You have never gotten laid because you wore button fly Levi’s, boat shoes, and a pink button down with sleeves rolled up two turns, no belt, and Ray Ban aviators.
Last edited by: Brick: Mar 19, 18 19:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

You’ve tasted Zima at least once.
Quote Reply
Re: I need fashion advice ... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Brick wrote:

The OP is wearing a shirt with his company's logo on it, and khakis. Chukkas are fine.

You have a point here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the cool guys now seem to wear opposites-black/grey/ blue suit gets brown shoes. You have mixed colors so either works. If in doubt go with black.

Quote | Reply
With that yellow in the logo I'd go for yellow pants and bright red shoes to rock the Ronald McDonald look.

Either that or I'd go the Grey pants, black shoes, black belt. Grey on black works well.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:

I used to wear a deep blue shirt. I've been told by more than one secretary that the color looks nice on me - probably because of my gray hair and blue eyes. But I think they were just hitting on me because they were old and desperate. :)

Hey, no judgement here ~ We're all getting there eventually, can't afford to be too picky anymore...
Last edited by: OneGoodLeg: Mar 20, 18 17:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree. Only time to wear black shoes is with grey, or charcoal, or black pants. Else BDL (bus driver look). Browns are simply more interesting. Does it have to be khakis? The whole Dockers look is just tired. Black shirt can go with anything--you have a yellow logo, can you pull off yellow pants? Trade shows....confidence sells, but there is a fine line there...you don't want to look like a clown. I liked the oxblood recommendation, or go with a saddle with black + oxblood. There is a difference between trade show wear & goto-school wear. Goto school wear, frankly Dockers/khakis are fine b/c really, at that point, WGAF--you are dealing with school administrators who wear Rockports. If you go brown + khakis....I would not go cotton but go wool, though the British Khaki is a good in between in cotton as it is more brown than tan. Shoes with either? Go with Allen Edmonds Strand or better yet the Carlyle. I have a pair of Carlyle with Danite soles that are my goto shoe for a step above business casual. I also have a pair of Badlands that are my winter travel/stand-all-day shoe. Both can by found deeply discounted/seconds/ebay. Problem with both the Badlands & the Carlyle is that it can be tough to match belt. If you go brown croc or even a woven (for casual/school calls), the texture makes the actual color matching much less important.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Last edited by: mopdahl: Mar 20, 18 18:59
Quote Reply
Re: I need fashion advice ... [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Black shirt can go with anything--you have a yellow logo, can you pull off yellow pants?

I'm sure one of the secretaries would be more than happy to pull off the yellow pants (after she's been overcome by the blue eyes).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Belt should match shoes. I match my watch as well. I will only wear a black strapped watch black belt and shoes. Metal strap watch can go with either black or blue.

With a black shirt, typically black belt and shoes, although, not written in stone.
Quote Reply
Re: I need fashion advice ... [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Black shirt can go with anything--you have a yellow logo, can you pull off yellow pants?

I'm sure one of the secretaries would be more than happy to pull off the yellow pants (after she's been overcome by the blue eyes).

Y'all just have to bring up a painful memory from my youth. If people think I have poor fashion sense now, it was worse when I was late teens. Living in Florida, I thought I would get some clothes that have summer colors. One such outfit consisted of yellow pants and a bright shirt with a lot of yellow in it. After getting called "banana man" by someone driving by in a car - I retired that outfit. I haven't worn yellow since.

It is still painful, so thanks to everyone who caused that memory to surface. I have to go get counseling now. I guess I'll wear my pink pants and matching pink shirt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
It is still painful, so thanks to everyone who caused that memory to surface. I have to go get counseling now. I guess I'll wear my pink pants and matching pink shirt.

Don't be afraid to try other colors besides pink and yellow!!

Quote Reply
Re: I need fashion advice ... [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Don't be afraid to try other colors besides pink and yellow!!

Oooh. I like that. The yellow logo would really pop out on that outfit. And, everything matches. I even have some bowling shoes to go with it. Thanks for the idea.
Quote Reply

Prev Next