Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Larry Kudlow to Replace Gary Cohn as Donny Two Scoops' National Economic Council Director
Quote | Reply
Hot off the presses (or the electrons). ;-)

Some observations.

-- Kudlow wasn't a NeverTrumper, like a lot of the folks who would fill this job undoubtedly were/still are. This means he probably won't ignore the wishes of that guy in the White House or otherwise force his hand as far as economic decisions go, thereby making Two Scoops distrust him.

-- Cohn wasn't a conservative Republican. Kudlow apparently is. Right now, the Manhattan real estate developer is play-acting like a conservative Republican (for whatever reason suits his purposes).

-- Kudlow's also a free trader. If Donny Two Scoops gets an economic adviser that actually listens to him, as Kudlow probably would, maybe the preezy would listen back and end up tamping down some of his worst protectionist inclinations. But who knows? For all I know, Kudlow could just be window dressing.

Also, sources are saying National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster is next on the chopping block, to be replaced by former US ambassador to the UN John Bolton. To say Bolton's a hardliner when it comes to national security and foreign policy would be an understatement.

What's that the Chinese say about living in interesting times? ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Larry Kudlow to Replace Gary Cohn as Donny Two Scoops' National Economic Council Director [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kudlow for Cohn and Bolton for McMaster, there is just so much winning in this White House I can't stand it...

What's next, Trump going to Trade his Honus Wagner for a Pete Rose?? Jeeezzzz.....
Quote Reply
Re: Larry Kudlow to Replace Gary Cohn as Donny Two Scoops' National Economic Council Director [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Kudlow for Cohn and Bolton for McMaster, there is just so much winning in this White House I can't stand it...

What's next, Trump going to Trade his Honus Wagner for a Pete Rose?? Jeeezzzz.....

The boy do like to keep things riled up, don't he? ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Larry Kudlow to Replace Gary Cohn as Donny Two Scoops' National Economic Council Director [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jesus Christ! We're fucked.

Kudlow is a thoughtless idealogue. I remember watching that asshat on cable talk shows. Others could be reasonable on occasion...if they wanted. Not Kudlow.
Quote Reply
Re: Larry Kudlow to Replace Gary Cohn as Donny Two Scoops' National Economic Council Director [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:

Kudlow is a thoughtless idealogue. I remember watching that asshat on cable talk shows. Others could be reasonable on occasion...if they wanted. Not Kudlow.

Yup, pretty much this.

Hopefully he'll at least stay off the blow.
Quote Reply
Re: Larry Kudlow to Replace Gary Cohn as Donny Two Scoops' National Economic Council Director [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

man, that's really base. you need to toe the line. take a powder, mate.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Larry Kudlow to Replace Gary Cohn as Donny Two Scoops' National Economic Council Director [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

man, that's really base. you need to toe the line. take a powder, mate.

Hahahahahaha! I'm sitting here snorting with laughter over your puntastic sentence! ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Larry Kudlow to Replace Gary Cohn as Donny Two Scoops' National Economic Council Director [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:

Well, hopefully he'll stick to his guns on free trade then.
Quote Reply