Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lamb wins!! [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Brick wrote:
The suggestion was “empty promises.” I’m not sure you did much to establish “empty promises.” You don’t have to like his agenda to acknowledge that he has implemented or is in the process implementing enough of it to counter a charge of “empty promises.”

I guess the good folks in Pennsylvania's 18th district didn't get your memo. Nor the people of Alabama. Nor Virginia...

#makethewinningstop

Havnt read this entire thread so idk If this has been covered yet or not but Lamb pretty much ran on trumps platform. We will see if he was just lieing to get elected. Hes only got eight months to prove whT he really beievs before he has to run for office all over again.

And because of redistricting Lamb will have to run against an incumbent Repuglican. Doug Jones won't get to run against Roy Moore in Alabama. Neither will be re-elected.

Is a Repuglican a repugnant Republican? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Lamb wins!! [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Brick wrote:
The suggestion was “empty promises.” I’m not sure you did much to establish “empty promises.” You don’t have to like his agenda to acknowledge that he has implemented or is in the process implementing enough of it to counter a charge of “empty promises.”

I guess the good folks in Pennsylvania's 18th district didn't get your memo. Nor the people of Alabama. Nor Virginia...

#makethewinningstop

Havnt read this entire thread so idk If this has been covered yet or not but Lamb pretty much ran on trumps platform. We will see if he was just lieing to get elected. Hes only got eight months to prove whT he really beievs before he has to run for office all over again.

Except he didn't.

The first step is admitting you have a problem. Until then, you will keep having the problem.

ETA -

Health care: Lamb criticized the GOP attempt to repeal Obamacare and called for bipartisan efforts to stabilize its markets. "I'll work with anyone from either party who wants to help people with pre-existing conditions, improve the quality of care, and reduce premiums, out-of-pocket costs, and prescription drug prices," he says on his campaign website.

Taxes: He called the GOP tax bill a "giveaway" to wealthy Americans and said he supports cuts for the middle class. "We didn't need to add a penny to our debt to have the tax cut for our working and middle-class people," Lamb said in a debate.

Gun control: He's called for a stronger system of background checks but no new gun restrictions. "I believe we have a pretty good law on the books and it says on paper that there are a lot of people who should never get guns in their hands," Lamb said.

Tariffs: He supports President Donald Trump's steel and aluminum tariffs, saying at a debate that "we have to take some action to level the playing field."

Abortion: Lamb personally opposes abortion but backs the Supreme Court's decision legalizing it. "Once you make something a right, it's a right. And it's like that for a reason," he told HuffPost. Lamb told the Weekly Standard he doesn't support a ban on abortion at 20 weeks.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Mar 15, 18 6:45
Quote Reply
Re: Lamb wins!! [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:

thanks. i hadn't realized trump was against his own tax plan, considering a giveaway to the rich. or that he was in favor of a women's right to choose. or that he was pro union and a defender of the AFL-CIO. or, that he is actually for (not against) obamacare. or that trump was a staunch protector of medicare and social security, and is against "entitlement reform." or that trump wants to reform student loan lifetime debt traps. i didn't know trump was against his own administrations attempts to dismantle regulations that hold companies responsible for endangering workers or polluting the air or water.

if these are really his policies, heck, i'm going to have to take another look at him!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Lamb wins!! [Brick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is my understanding that Lamb is a Marine who served honorably

At least in terms of a Presidential race in the last 25 years or so, anyone who served honorably in the armed forces as a zero chance of being elected and would most likely face very bitter attacks.

Quote Reply
Re: Lamb wins!! [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
Neither program is designed to inform you. Both are designed to rile you up. Neither is worth my time.

you bet. but there's no equivalence in terms of vitriol. and there's no left wing versions of gateway pundit or infowars. but you're right, if you want to get frustrated at the other side, you have a TV network to go to.

but you didn't mention CNN, which is thrown under the bus by trump and somebody in this thread. i watched CNN last night and i typically have a hard time with panels that just yell at each other. when the yelling starts, i turn off. but last night i was struck by the congenial discussion between dems and pubs. CNN has found anti-trump conservatives wedded to fact and civility, and it's been trying (with difficulty!) to find pro-trump commentators who are likewise.

if you watch CNN's analysis of the legal issues surrounding trump's presidency, you'll note that alan dershowitz and jonathan turley typically take the conservative view - the pro trump view - while jeffrey toobin takes the alternate view. dershowitz and turley infuriate the left with their legal interpretations, while neither could be called a reliable champion of the right. turley defended - legally defended - boehner's view that the individual mandate was unconstitutional, and he's a defender of the 2nd amendment on constitutional (not personal) grounds. you have to look hard on fox news for a thoughtful, even-handed, fact-based discussion. and there is nothing anywhere on CNN that rivals hannity, carlson, ingraham.

CNN is in a tough spot, because it's losing ground to both MSNBC and fox news because people want to rush to their corners to get the "news" they want to hear. so it's bringing in chris cuomo to take what has been anderson cooper's 2nd prime time hour. cuomo is more confrontational, and will reliably take on trump loyalists.

but CNN, for all it's "breaking news; what we said was breaking news is not breaking news"; is a reliably professional organization that let's events frame the truth rather than deciding in advance what truth is and framing a narrative to support it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Lamb wins!! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, I respect you and know that you are a very bright man. I am a conservative. I do see hate coming from some on the Right. I see just as much, if not more coming from the Left. Neither is innocent. Does it matter if one side spews more hate than the other? Does it make one tribe better? One worse? Why can't we just denounce any and all hate? I can denounce the Hannitys and Limbaughs. Can you denounce those from the Alt Left, Hollywood(in general)?
I don't hate Pelosi. I do think she's demented and not beneficial to the future of her party.
Quote Reply
Re: Lamb wins!! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
It is my understanding that Lamb is a Marine who served honorably

At least in terms of a Presidential race in the last 25 years or so, anyone who served honorably in the armed forces as a zero chance of being elected and would most likely face very bitter attacks.

What on earth are you taking about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No vitriol from CNN, none at all................. C'mon Dan

https://www.cnn.com/...nt-countries-sot.cnn

I just picked a random short Don Lemon video but I think vitriol is the currency in which he trades. CNN election night videos are a hoot too - they're basically crying about Trump winning, on a "news" network that you're propping up as more legitimate than the others. When you're ready to admit that "your side" is part of the problem, an equal part of the problem, maybe the problem will get solved. Until then, you're part of the partisan tribalism that divides us. But it was a (re-)enlightening discussion and I do than you for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Lamb wins!! [Sunday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sunday wrote:
Dan, I respect you and know that you are a very bright man. I am a conservative. I do see hate coming from some on the Right. I see just as much, if not more coming from the Left. Neither is innocent. Does it matter if one side spews more hate than the other? Does it make one tribe better? One worse? Why can't we just denounce any and all hate? I can denounce the Hannitys and Limbaughs. Can you denounce those from the Alt Left, Hollywood(in general)? I don't hate Pelosi. I do think she's demented and not beneficial to the future of her party.

to your point about the right and the left. yes, you'll find individual people on the left who are real haters. but professional broadcast news organizations do not give them an hour every day. heck, even msnbc gives several hours per day to scarborough and nicolle wallace, who may well be your kind of conservative, i don't know.

but. your post took me aback. you think pelosi is demented? really? because, i don't agree with either mcconnell or ryan. but i don't think either has dementia. unless you can walk that back for me i think you're a pretty good exhibit for what i'm talking about.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a physician, but a 20+ year health care provider. I've seen and worked with many of our elderly with various stages of dementia and I think she fits the diagnosis. Have you seen her speak lately? Like I said, I don't hate her. I try not to let myself hate anyone. I don't view her as a threat coming from a conservative point of view either. But, by me calling her demented, I've been judged as a deplorable or knuckle dragger?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, do believe that many universities(or even some) are systematically indoctrinating liberal hatred?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sunday wrote:
I'm not a physician, but a 20+ year health care provider. I've seen and worked with many of our elderly with various stages of dementia and I think she fits the diagnosis. Have you seen her speak lately? Like I said, I don't hate her. I try not to let myself hate anyone. I don't view her as a threat coming from a conservative point of view either. But, by me calling her demented, I've been judged as a deplorable or knuckle dragger?

yes. i have seen her speak lately. i also am not a doctor. there is absolutely no evidence she has dementia. susan collins also does not have dementia. have you heard her speak lately? she has spasmodic dysphonia.

can i make a guess, that you're either reading or listening to others who've said that they think she has dementia? so i just googled "nancy pelosi dementia", and what i found is:

from newstarget.com: Some of the Democratic Party’s Marxist stalwarts are getting up there in age and it’s finally beginning to show: In public appearances they are having an increasingly difficult time enunciating their words, remembering key facts and clearly conveying their hatred for [Trump]. Enter House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California. [and so on...]

and i see pages, and pages, of the same. i encourage you to google those 3 words, and see the obvious talking point.

you're teaching me here what's going on in the dark right wing conspiracy web. which i didn't know. thank you for the education. but to the point, and my gentle advice: stop reading this, unless you want to just continue to be infected by wild and base falsehoods designed to teach you to identify your opponent, to hate your opponent, indeed, to hate your opponent so much that anything is better than him or her. and i hope you understand there's big money behind this.

when you ask me whether i've listened to pelosi lately, have you? and i don't mean testing to see if you can find an aha moment in her speech patterns. have you listened to what she has said? and have you found anything like the hate speech that rivals what you're obviously reading? because, if not, then i encourage you to disagree with her. to vote against those who align themselves with her. but to do so on the basis of the words she says, not the hate you read.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:

Slowman wrote:

...shepard smith or chris wallace is the analog of lawrence o'donnell, fine...

A decade ago I concluded that Fox had mastered the art of attaining viewers by riling them up against Obama. And that after some time, MSNBC mimicked them from the opposite political view. I eliminated both extremes. So I see these names and am glad that I hardly know of them.

...Shepherd. Always thought he tried to find the fair approach but still haven't seen him in many years...

We don't have cable, so I can't really tell you much about the programming on any of them, and I've stopped listening to any news in the car in favor of amazon radio or google play music.

My FIL is a Fox news watcher and Rush listener. He's really good at rehashing Rush or other talking points with no real supporting info. My dad is very part-time in a small town real estate office where Fox is always on in the background. He figured 'anyone would be better than Obama', also with no supporting info.

So, yeah I do think that what Dan said about people being intellectually lazy is really true.

Saw this today, while the news portion of the various sides/stations may be somewhat more balanced, I don't think that the average listener is there for the news. They're there for the opinion.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/378631-shepard-smith-fox-news-opinion-hosts-dont-really-have-rules

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree in that Susan Collins doesn't appear to be demented. I have heard the term crazy thrown around in regards to Pelosi, not demented. Just my observation and opinion. Can't recall her using hate speech toward the dark right wing. Speaking about the Dark Right Wing, as far as 'research' goes, I look at Drudge occasionally, but not much else. Hannity drives me crazy. No Limbaugh. RARELY any Fox. Honestly, I get most of my info here. Hopefully you will continue to welcome Right Wingers(dark or not) to your site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sunday wrote:
I agree in that Susan Collins doesn't appear to be demented. I have heard the term crazy thrown around in regards to Pelosi, not demented. Just my observation and opinion. Can't recall her using hate speech toward the dark right wing. Speaking about the Dark Right Wing, as far as 'research' goes, I look at Drudge occasionally, but not much else. Hannity drives me crazy. No Limbaugh. RARELY any Fox. Honestly, I get most of my info here. Hopefully you will continue to welcome Right Wingers(dark or not) to your site.

Everybody’s welcome. Just be relatively civil, and you are clearly a gentleman. Lefties are just as likely to be 🔥 throwers.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Rachel Maddow. Haven't seen her program in a decade."

She hasn't had a program for a decade.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply

Prev Next