Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Optimistic Outlook on the Season Ahead
Quote | Reply
The weather warmed up. The rain dried up. And I healed enough to have some fun. I finally got outside to give my tri bike a ride since upgrading nearly everything this winter (Jet Black wheels, Premier chain, Di2, new Calpac, new draft box, and position tweaks). What a glorious day. I have been dealing with an injury and surgery recovery since the beginning of the year. Yet, I rode my 2nd fastest on this route. The aero upgrades must have made an impact.

These are a few other thoughts along the way…
  • The new Felt Calpac is fantastic. Part of the ride was to test nutrition, and it was a breeze. No fuss trying to open a zipper or Velcro. Just reach in, grab my calories, and consume.
  • Electronic shifting may not make me faster, but it sure makes me happier. What a dream. The bike is done shifting before my finger leaves the button.
  • Shimano’s Synchro is a match made in heaven for a TT bike. I have eTap on my road bike, and I love it there. But Synchro was meant to be on a tri bike. It is effortless. One of the “problems” with electronic shifting is that you never know what gear you are in. Synchro solves that. First, I do not have to care. But second, my Garmin beeps when the next shift will trigger a FD shift.
  • The new draft box is a silent joy. It looks cool and streamlines the bike. And, it has stuff I hope that I never use. The draft box is that little ironic upgrade that is nice to have that you never want to open.
I cannot wait to experience all of this in a race!
Quote Reply
Re: Optimistic Outlook on the Season Ahead [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude you left the most important part out Watts? Time? Etc :)
Quote Reply
Re: Optimistic Outlook on the Season Ahead [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Dude you left the most important part out Watts? Time? Etc :)
That was the part that totally blew my mind. I have missed a bunch of weeks of training. But, somehow I magically dropped 240W AP & 254W NP for 2:53. I went out hoping to scrap by at around 200. My max 20 minute average during the ride was 303W which also blew my mind. Let the record show that I did not feel like running after that ride.
Quote Reply