Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You and Chris might be the only two watching season 9.

I've always been as season behind as I watch on Netflix. Season 8 came on about a month ago. Too boring. Long speeches before battle. Trying to do braveheart but it sounds like a boring politician. I think I made three and a half episodes and I forced myself to do that much, remembering how much I enjoyed first few seasons. The flashback style in which they presented the start has me confused about what is going on and what is the point of the whole season. Don't care about any of the characters -- except maybe Neegen and he's been mostly absent.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually thought that the writing was better this season than the past few. There is a plot tension that's more interesting than simply us vs them.

Until this episode, that is. Uhg.

Fine if they want to make Rick sacrifice himself to redirect the herd, but the helicopter rescue? Ugh. They would have done better killing him off.

On the plus side, I like what they've done with the previews for Judith. From what I understand of the comics, the Negan/Carl storyline was the best part of the part that comes next. Looks like she's going to take on that storyline.
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
I actually thought that the writing was better this season than the past few. There is a plot tension that's more interesting than simply us vs them.

Until this episode, that is. Uhg.

Fine if they want to make Rick sacrifice himself to redirect the herd, but the helicopter rescue? Ugh. They would have done better killing him off.

On the plus side, I like what they've done with the previews for Judith. From what I understand of the comics, the Negan/Carl storyline was the best part of the part that comes next. Looks like she's going to take on that storyline.

Been watching, yeah this last episode was bad. Not sure if you watched the talking dead.

This episode was all a set up for the Rick Grimes movies they are now going to do. I think they said first one will be on AMC next year.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me, I made it to the season where they're in the neighborhood with the former mayor that's surrounded by a fence. After the "cannibalism" season right before that was a trap........I was done. That next season was real boring and the cannibalism of "people on people" instead of against zombies got too gross.

I was done. They drug it out way way way too far. Could have been 5 seasons and done, then spun off something better for another few seasons of something different. Maybe elsewhere in the world.
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't see the talking dead but I had heard about the movies.

The next episode is supposed to be 6 years into the future. Rick is supposed to be alive but leaves his family behind for the next 6 years? Doesn't make sense to me.
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a more updated thread on TWD?

Sorry I did not see one.

To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

Reach high, think big, work hard, have fun.
Quote Reply

Prev Next