Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endurance training & blood glucose, FSH & LH levels.
Quote | Reply
I went to the doctor because I have in the last 6 months noticed that I am urinating more often (often twice in the night) and I also have itchy skin mostly from the waste down. Not terrible but enough to warrant a trip to the doctor after scaring myself on google.
I had a blood & urine test which were both repeated. My blood sugar was low at 2.6 and my FSH & LH levels are low at 2.2 & 1. Rather stupidly it seems now but I had worked out before both tests, 14 mile easy run before the first & I broke my 2km swim PB before the 2nd test although I had had breakfast before the test on both occasions. Because of the results my doctor is suspecting diabetes insipidus which it seems is quite rare.
I train between 10 & 15 hours per week and am 6 weeks away from London marathon with training otherwise going quite well.

My question is what effect does our endurance training have on our glucose, FSH & LH levels & could these numbers be actually quite normal?
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance training & blood glucose, FSH & LH levels. [Doca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming the 2.6 is mmol/L and not a typo, definitely "not normal." In fact, many people would be suffering from neuroglucopenic symptoms at that level (about half of normal).
Quote Reply