Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique my fit
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to get a new TT bike. I have my eyes on a Speed Concept, and am trying to make a determination between the L and XL. I am 6' 4".

I got a fit done, attached. I want to get the opinions of the ST crowd. My shoulders felt scrunched during the fit, so I'm wondering if I should be longer than I am shown. I can post my numbers as well. This fit was done on 165 cranks, because I have interest in shortening up from the 175s I've been riding.
Last edited by: seaunter: Mar 6, 18 21:31
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [seaunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you sitting on that saddle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you could at least have longer extensions and move your elbows in line with the back of the pads to see how looks and feels
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you come out of a fit with 'shoulders feeling scrunched'? It sounds like the fit process hasn't been finished or that the fit was based on putting you into a standardised position and set of numbers rather than a position that works for you. The fitter should be responding to your feedback and fixing issues like 'feeling scrunched' first and foremost.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [studuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [studuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is how the fit progressed. He started with the SC numbers and tried to work from there.

I have gotten my money back, as it took several weeks to receive my numbers.

Seattle recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, I can't really say. It felt correct, but I can't really give you than that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ankle position looks like reported knee angle (148) is biased...seat may be too high...cockpit then can be reassessed, but doesn't look bad if comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Static picture, from the side only, whats the point?

Also, surely you just paid a professional for that fit?
Why are you on here asking what it looks like and whether you should blow your money on a new bike, surely you paid the fitter for this info?

As a fit and your choice of clothing etc. it likely ranges from average to bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my fit [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I brought it here to get input from the knowledgeable posters abound. I did pay for the fit, but am not thrilled with the process. I want to evaluate if I should start over, with another fitter.

I didn't receive video of the fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you had a rubbish experience
Get your money back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seaunter wrote:
That is how the fit progressed. He started with the SC numbers and tried to work from there.

I have gotten my money back, as it took several weeks to receive my numbers.

Seattle recommendations?

Sounds like you went in with a specific bike in mind and they tried to fit you to it. What they should have done is fit you to whatever appropriate coordinates are and then told you what bike options would work.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Bike_Fit/Road_Bike_Fit/Reasonable_bike_fit_expectations_3595.html
Quote Reply