Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete attacked...with a chainsaw [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats disgusting.

Duathlete by choice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That and FVL's attack last year probably aren't helping the triathlon tourism business in South Africa.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously what is wrong with some people? Nothing pisses me off more than a blunt chainsaw. Oil the fucking thing FFS..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's got to be more to this story. This must have been a targeted, personal attack, not a random robbery as is being portrayed.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete attacked...with a chainsaw [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to have lived in Africa to understand Africa and then you wouldn't question this stories legitimacy.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete attacked...with a chainsaw [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've lived in South Africa and worked out in the tribal areas (which sounds patronising, but the tarmac roads end 2 miles back from the coast , drive inland on dirt roads another few hours and you're back 100 years ago.) You hear some stories there and see some crazy stuff. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Shame - SA is geographically an utter paradise. But not all of the humans there are nice ones....
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete attacked...with a chainsaw [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
I've lived in South Africa and worked out in the tribal areas (which sounds patronising, but the tarmac roads end 2 miles back from the coast , drive inland on dirt roads another few hours and you're back 100 years ago.) You hear some stories there and see some crazy stuff. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Shame - SA is geographically an utter paradise. But not all of the humans there are nice ones....

Where are all the humans nice?

On a serious note, I'm from SA and this attack is incomprehensible. No details as yet as to why an attack of this nature was carried out.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete attacked...with a chainsaw [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm Australian but worked in remote Tanzania for 4 years and in my first few months there the sungusungu deemed the community police had jurisdiction over the police and when a girl in the local village got bashed and robbed they gave two of the perpetrators a Goodyear necklace (tyre around the neck set on fire) but ran out of fuel so buried the third alive. This all happened at the local village a mile from my door. That was the extreme but I saw some crazy shit. I imagine where you are in South Africa can be no different. Amazing continent and a majority amazing people but as I say unless you have been there you will probably never understand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If you come after me with a chain saw I know my FTP will be at an all time high.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete attacked...with a chainsaw [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriNewbieZA wrote:
RCCo wrote:

Where are all the humans nice?

On a serious note, I'm from SA and this attack is incomprehensible. No details as yet as to why an attack of this nature was carried out.

I've lived in South Africa, this attack is not incomprehensible at all. Hell, people used to put other people in a tire and light the tire on fire.

When I was there "People Against Gansterism and Drugs" were bombing shit all over the place.

Don't get me wrong, I love South Africa, but nothing surprises me about violence in that country.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete attacked...with a chainsaw [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the positive side, it's easy to get a entry into IM South Africa.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*pink* he should have just turned the workout into a brick and run off the bike. *pink*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm even more glad I didn't take that 70.3 worlds slot...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply