Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Panic attack...canyon speedmax or Trek speed concept 9.9 PURCHASE [bmarque19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy a P2 per Empfield's advice. However, I prefer the look of the Canyon over the Trek.
Quote Reply
Re: Panic attack...canyon speedmax or Trek speed concept 9.9 PURCHASE [bmarque19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what did you end up doing ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Panic attack...canyon speedmax or Trek speed concept 9.9 PURCHASE [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
So what did you end up doing ?

After reading this thread, I'm guessing he had a panic attack.

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bmarque19 wrote:
My local bike shop has 20% deals tomorrow on bikes and I have one spec'd out with them already for a Trek Concept 9.9.

p1 pedal set
computer cage
tri bike fit
speed box
draft box
duotrap ant/bt
cage rxl bottom
speedfil a2 aero bottle
2 schwalbe pro one tubeless (not sure I want/need) ($170 for total tubeless conversion cost, rimstrip, sealant etc)
speed concept 9.9

$9880 tax title out the door ( i have a few more add ons I would be making..garmin 1030 possibly)

OR

do I just buy a speedmax for the $10k?
+plus fitting cost
+plus pedals
+plus tubeless (if I go that route)
+plus computer cage
+bottles

You should know I'm currently a novice rider who is 3 months into Ironman training so any bike I get is going to be way better than what I currently own, so I know both of these bikes are TOO much bike for my skill set but I am fortunate enough to be able to afford this so please help out with any opinion.

I'm wondering if most of these 'super' bikes are created fairly equal and if so then I guess the cost of the concept is too good to pass up?

I guess just give an opinion to let me know if I'm making the right decision...I'm NERVOUS for such a big purchase!

thanks for reading

If you are nervous maybe you should not be spending that money? Maybe just nervous to make the right choice of the two? That's not the worse problem in the world to have. I did not read all the replies, but if they both fit, and if you are certain you will be able to get adequate support for the Canyon (Trek has dealers, mechanics, and parts everywhere), I would go with whatever appeals to you most aesthetically, and which one "speaks to you". At this price point there is no clear winner and value is not seemingly a concern. Your reasons for wanting a 10K bike as a novice are yours and yours alone, and you are either very wealthy, or are not very smart with your money. Hopefully the former. None of my business, so enjoy your bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Panic attack...canyon speedmax or Trek speed concept 9.9 PURCHASE [spool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spool wrote:
I can sympathize with the emotional distress you're going through. A few weeks ago, I almost had a nervous breakdown from deciding between a new Corvette, Viper, and Ferrari. I just ended up buying all three and have been fairly content ever since.

Well, you have had your driver's license for 3 months, so you must be committed.
Quote Reply
Re: Panic attack...canyon speedmax or Trek speed concept 9.9 PURCHASE [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought the Trek SC 9.9 and just finished my first ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Panic attack...canyon speedmax or Trek speed concept 9.9 PURCHASE [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the negative thoughts...I have always enjoyed doubters.

No, i'm not a millennial...I dont have instagram. Knowing I was a on a super bike did give me extra motivation to train harder and not be a noob when I show up to other races. Yes 3 months turned into an Ironman a week ago...I do have the money for both bikes but 1 is fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats man!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bmarque19 wrote:

Made the right choice! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bmarque19 wrote:

How did you do?
Quote Reply
Re: Panic attack...canyon speedmax or Trek speed concept 9.9 PURCHASE [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12:30 ironman Florida.. for my first one I was happy with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! Ignore the jealousy and enjoy your ride. I've seen 15 hour types riding P5x and who are we to rain on their parade. Good gear can be enjoyed by anyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bmarque19 wrote:

I just bought a 2019 Trek SC...did the project one thing (my second SC). Congrats on your new bike and IM. You will love the bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next