Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Netflix Movie: Mute
Quote | Reply
Recently came out on Netflix. Stars Alexander Skarsgard, Paul Rudd (nearly unrecognizable), Justin Theroux, and Seyneb Saleh.

Netflix description is -- surprisingly -- good and accurate, so I'll just quote it:

Quote:
When his girlfriend vanishes, a mute man ventures into near-future Berlin's seamy underworld, where his actions speak louder than words.

Also properly described as "crime thriller" as it is not really sic-fi -- could have been set in any period. But the cinematography reminds me of Blade Runner and also a bit of Altered Carbon, but nevertheless with a completely different vibe than those two.

Great thriller with lots of interesting bits. Very well done. Very well written. Instant classic.

Edit: I checked metacritic and rotten tomatoes. Critics panned the movie. Audiences were more favorable. Had some dental work today and maybe the codone made me love it.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Last edited by: H-: Feb 26, 18 21:59
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: Mute [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Recently came out on Netflix. Stars Alexander Skarsgard, Paul Rudd (nearly unrecognizable), Justin Theroux, and Seyneb Saleh.

Netflix description is -- surprisingly -- good and accurate, so I'll just quote it:

Quote:
When his girlfriend vanishes, a mute man ventures into near-future Berlin's seamy underworld, where his actions speak louder than words.

Also properly described as "crime thriller" as it is not really sic-fi -- could have been set in any period. But the cinematography reminds me of Blade Runner and also a bit of Altered Carbon, but nevertheless with a completely different vibe than those two.

Great thriller with lots of interesting bits. Very well done. Very well written. Instant classic.

Edit: I checked metacritic and rotten tomatoes. Critics panned the movie. Audiences were more favorable. Had some dental work today and maybe the codone made me love it.

Sounds interesting. I'll check out the reviews.
Quote Reply
Re: Netflix Movie: Mute [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:

Quote:

My kind of movie, but yeah critics haven't been kind!
Quote Reply