Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Political pandering
Quote | Reply
http://www.foxnews.com/...avoring-airline.html

"Georgia’s lieutenant governor warned Delta Monday that he will block any tax legislation that would benefit the airline unless it reverses its decision to sever ties with the National Rifle Association, warning that corporations cannot “attack conservatives” without consequences."

Public company pulls discounts for one of your biggest donors and your response is to threaten them? Threaten one of the largest employers in your state because you suck the NRA lobby's teat? Hahaha. Let me know how that works out for you buddy.
Last edited by: TimeIsUp: Feb 26, 18 16:49
Quote Reply
Re: Polical pandering [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a problem with politicians threatening companies because they have a difference of political opinion. While I don't like what the companies are doing, I think it is within their right to do so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's obvious that the NRA has a lot of politicians in their back pocket. Maybe they funded this guy's campaign?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He’s a member of our country Club. Also oddly an avid road cyclist. I’m embarrassed about this delta thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Delta should announce that if the Lt Gov's plan is put into effect it will leave GA then start taking bids from other states. Game over. Career ended.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Polical pandering [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I have a problem with politicians threatening companies because they have a difference of political opinion. While I don't like what the companies are doing, I think it is within their right to do so.
-
this, and as to the thread name, I miss it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A company wading into hot button issues like this is asinine. Next up Delta takes a position on abortion. After that the CEO announces which religion he has determined to be the one true religion.
Quote Reply
Re: Polical pandering [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Delta should announce that if the Lt Gov's plan is put into effect it will leave GA then start taking bids from other states. Game over. Career ended.

He has absolutely zero intention of carrying through on this. He's pandering to what he thinks his constituents want to hear, but when push comes to shove, he knows he can't touch Delta.

He'll be a near term hero in his county and his country club that wdrhoads mentioned above.

He's been Lt. Gov. for 12 years now and has done quite a bit of good here. He is a career politician though. He knows he can't follow through with this threat and everyone will forget about it by the time he would need to.
Quote Reply
Re: Polical pandering [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
A company wading into hot button issues like this is asinine. Next up Delta takes a position on abortion. After that the CEO announces which religion he has determined to be the one true religion.

Hmmm, -- sorta like the Hobby Lobby clan ( another enterprise I will not patronize )

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Polical pandering [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
It's obvious that the NRA has a lot of politicians in their back pocket. Maybe they funded this guy's campaign?

True fact: The National Rifle Association is the only lobbying organization that gives money to politicians.

"Du or Du not-there is no Tri" - Yoda
Last edited by: timberwolf: Feb 27, 18 19:08
Quote Reply