Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Endurance Sports Documentary EVER! How did this not end up on Netflix?
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Best Endurance Sports Documentary EVER! How did this not end up on Netflix? [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched this a few months ago. The bar for endurance sports documentaries is pretty low, so this COULD be the best, but I found it just OK. Barkley Marathons on Netflix was on par with it, in that it is hard to be on the edge of your seat watching people run 100 milers, haha. Icarus was really good, and when I started it I THOUGHT it was gonna be an endurance sports documentary so I am gonna count that as the best :)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Endurance Sports Documentary EVER! How did this not end up on Netflix? [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m exaggerating for the sake of emphasis. Barkley’s is great. So is Unbreakable.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Endurance Sports Documentary EVER! How did this not end up on Netflix? [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured as such, my response should be read lightheartedly haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for posting this. Couldn't stop once I started it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whats name of this movie, cant use link oddly at work

thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw this once before, a while ago; most excellent

Akos's loud-mouth crew-dude was annoying as fuck

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got "Breaking2" on pause right now, it's pretty good so far. I'm enjoying it as a cyclist.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Endurance Sports Documentary EVER! How did this not end up on Netflix? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I saw this once before, a while ago; most excellent

Akos's loud-mouth crew-dude was annoying as fuck

Thank you, my wife and I watched it last night... It took everything I had not to mute it/turn it off when they hit the 3 mile to go mark. His blubbering at the finish was both cringe and eye roll inducing.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Running On The Sun if you haven't already:

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Last edited by: asellerg: Feb 28, 18 12:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of these days, I want to walk up to Scott Jurek, hand him one of his wonderful Lentil Mushroom Burgers, and say "Jurek ... you magnificent bastard ... I read your book!!!"

Quote Reply
Re: Best Endurance Sports Documentary EVER! How did this not end up on Netflix? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great viewing on a turbo ride and what a legend!

Slightly disappointed he didn't do an IronCowboy and do some on the elliptical runner whilst hooked up to an IV drip or a Robert Young and just jump in the car for a ride up the last mountain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing effort and documentary. Couldn't take the cameraman. Karsten Solheim is the Ping Golf club founder's son, btw.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Endurance Sports Documentary EVER! How did this not end up on Netflix? [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:
I watched this a few months ago. The bar for endurance sports documentaries is pretty low, so this COULD be the best, but I found it just OK.

It's really just one long GoPro video from a single camera/angle. It could have been used as source footage from something much more substantial

No real editing other than starting & stopping; no fades or wipes or anything between "scenes" that I noticed

Was there even any background music?

Quote Reply
Re: Best Endurance Sports Documentary EVER! How did this not end up on Netflix? [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
Amazing effort and documentary. Couldn't take the cameraman. Karsten Solheim is the Ping Golf club founder's son, btw.

Damn!,,.That's why the name sounded so familiar.

Thanks for that. It's been bugging me all week.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Best Endurance Sports Documentary EVER! How did this not end up on Netflix? [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched it and found my 2.5 hour ironman training run a breeze. He loves his Gatorade. Akos finished 2nd many more times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
next up on the trainer...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
One of these days, I want to walk up to Scott Jurek, hand him one of his wonderful Lentil Mushroom Burgers, and say "Jurek ... you magnificent bastard ... I read your book!!!"

I see what you did here.....
Quote Reply