Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UFC Fight Night - Emmett v. Stephens
Quote | Reply
This is a great card for "free" t.v.! First two prelims have been very entertaining.

OSP v. Latifi should be a great fight. Perry v. Griffin will be fun.

Who's watching?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: UFC Fight Night - Emmett v. Stephens [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am watching but flipping back and forth with our State HS wrestling finals that are also broadcasted tonight. I have the DVR recording both too just in case.

Fun fact: the final match in class A at heavyweight is between two undefeated wrestlers - the defending champion, a Sophomore ranked #7 in the country and a senior that is also ranked #7 in the country at 195# but moved up to 285# for a challenge against the bigger but younger kid. Both have pinned their way to the final match. It should be epic.
Quote Reply
Re: UFC Fight Night - Emmett v. Stephens [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sara McMann is a beast! Look at those guns!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She looks like a slightly smaller version of Cyborg

Edit: which didn’t help her any to defend that triangle choke
Last edited by: ChrisT: Feb 24, 18 16:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reneau is coming back with a fury! Great fight!

SUBMISSION! What a great fight!

Round 1 was 10-8 for McMann and Reneau came back with a great shot!

Last edited by: JSA: Feb 24, 18 16:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jean Claude Van DAMN that was a beat-down! OSP looked to be controlling the fight. Then ... BOOM! Latifi pops him and puts OSP to SLEEP with a standing guillotine!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This. Card. Is. AWESOME!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you are watching.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven’t been the past couple but just switched back to the women’s co main event
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Torres connects on one of those windmills, Andrade is going night-night.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same but by Andrade - this is a pretty good match
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This a hell of a fight. But, Torres is down 2-0.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First round was close. Torres had a lot of strikes but Andrade should have it 29-28 for sure if not 30-27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's up with the headdress?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering that - thought she might have some native heritage until the interpreter was needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, I really want to get UFC 222 next Sat, but, I cannot see any scenario in which Yana lasts more than 1 round.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She has no chance fighting that dude. I have a work/social function next Saturday but wasn’t planning on buying it anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn! Did not see that coming!

Stephens the first to finish Emmett. Hell of a shot.

Last edited by: JSA: Feb 24, 18 19:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boom! Although that knee looked illegal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:

It was illegal, but I don't think it landed.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fun fact update: it was the wolf vs the bear in the feature match of the State tourney I mentioned earlier where both nationally ranked wrestlers were undefeated and one had moved up 2 weight classes to face the other. The smaller and faster wolf struck first and nearly scored a couple of takedowns but was thwarted by the brute strength and surprising agility of the bear. Going into the last minute of the 3rd and final period tied 1-1 the wolf finally succumbed to the 90 pound weight difference and gave up a crucial takedown. Having burned all his matches trying to attack the bear, he was unable to attempt a last second switch and got rode out. The bear is now a 2 time state champ at heavyweight - as a sophomore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:

Did not see it last night, but just watched the replay. Those two or three elbows to the back of the head followed up by a clearly illegal knee that grazed. Can't believe the Mirg just stood there and watched that.
Quote Reply