Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: enough of guns. whats your greatest / favourite / important memory [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
makes me excited to have kids of my own, #1 on the way in September and I wish it were tomorrow.

That's exciting, best wishes !

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: enough of guns. whats your greatest / favourite / important memory [cayenne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great thread. Every day is a gift!
Quote Reply
Re: enough of guns. whats your greatest / favourite / important memory [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My youngest daughter was in 2nd grade and we had a lot of snow on the ground. I shot my mouth off and asked if she wanted to go camping (we lived on 15 acres out in the middle of nowhere rural Missouri).
"Sure, if we can build a fire." It wasn't the answer I expected but went outside, stomped down a place to pitch the tent, shoveled off a place to stack some fire wood and got that going. We spent the night in a tent inadequate for the temperature but piled a bunch of blankets on top of the sleeping bags.

That set off a ten year tradition of winter camping. We retired the little tent and bought a nicer one, upgraded sleeping bags and every year watched the weather to find a day (night actually) that would be worthy of the deed. Our coldest was -7F. The next year we knew we couldn't match that so we camped out under the stars-- woke up with 4" of snow on top of us.

The year after she graduated high school we knew it would likely be the last... made me sort of sad and here I am several years later with a big lump in my throat reflecting on a wonderful dad-daughter relationship.

She married her high school sweetheart and are off at college now but when Facebook tosses out one of those "Five years ago" things with the photo it makes me smile and reflect on those happy times.
Quote Reply

Prev Next