Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place.
Quote | Reply
This seems like the timing is perfect to further disenfranchise future generations from organized religion. Does anyone see it having a different effect?
Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
This seems like the timing is perfect to further disenfranchise future generations from organized religion. Does anyone see it having a different effect?

This takes care of the "prayers" part in thoughts and prayers. They are already 50% of the way there to fixing the problems with guns in schools! Well done!
Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait... do you trust in God? Or in a good guy with a gun?

I am confused now.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, wow, it passed 97-10 too.

Rep. Daniels (Dem) is a piece of work:

Quote:
She spoke directly of the school shooting, and said it's no secret that the state has "gun issues" that must be addressed.

"But the real thing that needs to be addressed are issues of the heart," Daniels said

Glad they so quickly tackled the real thing.

Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I am confused now.

Personally, I trust a lot of good guys with guns. Unfortunately, I know more people with guns that I do not trust.

If we had a sorting mechanism to only give guns to good guys that would be one thing- but we don’t and I would argue the majority of gun owners do not belong in a well regulated militia.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I am confused now.

According to my Trumpian Uncle we need both, which is odd since he’s not into either nor has he ever been.

It’s a weird tribalism.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Oh, wow, it passed 97-10 too.

Rep. Daniels (Dem) is a piece of work:

Quote:

She spoke directly of the school shooting, and said it's no secret that the state has "gun issues" that must be addressed.

"But the real thing that needs to be addressed are issues of the heart," Daniels said

Someone on the BBC News Hour this morning commented (on another subject, but about politicians) that they didn't want to do something, they just wanted it to *seem* like they are doing something.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't God at that one church in Texas?
Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This from a state that used to have a MLB team named the Devil Rays. Lucky for them they were able to get rid of the Devil.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like to write 'no' in that phrase on my currency. Then just return them to circulation.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
OK. I'll grant that that one was pretty damn funny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the 'good guy' with a gun willing to engage? If not then you got your answer.

BLeP wrote:

I am confused now.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who the hell knows? He's probably never been in a situation where he might need to engage.

But he shot at some bad guy targets in his training though. And he's a good guy. The best guy.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:

The ACLU will sue and the state will burn through the taxpayers’ money before losing, just like it did with drug testing welfare recipients.

Some cases are losers from the get-go but the Republicans will go down that road anyway so they can campaign on it later.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

It was the wrong sect of that particular religion so God wasn't there. So to be clear, which God do we trust?

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:

It was the wrong sect of that particular religion so God wasn't there. So to be clear, which God do we trust?

Quote Reply
Re: Florida bill to require schools to display “In God We Trust” in a prominent place. [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
This from a state that used to have a MLB team named the Devil Rays. Lucky for them they were able to get rid of the Devil.

Do you know who continues to side with the Devil? New Jersey!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First things through my mind when I saw the title

Ironic

That would have stopped it

Is this the biggest decision florida has to make right now
Quote Reply