Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why did the Obamas surrender their law licenses? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Yet, most of the follow on posts in this thread piled on like the question was coming from some right-wing twit pushing an agenda with their BS fake news. //

Well where are they discussing this topic? I think that everyone here, myself included, have not even heard a hint of this topic, and I look at a lot of news sources. I mean all you have to do is to see the folks that usually take every opportunity to bash Obama here, actually defending him to see that this is way out there past the birthers even..

Haven't seen this issue in the news since Obama left office. My fb feed has more leftwing twits then rightwing twits, but what my rightwing twit old buddies and family members lack in numbers, they make up for in...well, I shouldn't be putting the beat down on perfectly nice folks I guess. But I've a curious mind and this issue popped into my head the other day kinda out of nowhere. So I got to wondering if there was info here that might answer the issue once and for all. Wife and most of her friends are lawyers, so I'm never far from that world.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Last edited by: RangerGress: Feb 22, 18 16:49
Quote Reply
Re: Why did the Obamas surrender their law licenses? [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife and most of her friends are lawyers, so I'm never far from that world. //

Same with my wife, lots of her old school buddies still lawyers. Well actually she put hers on hold for several years while she had all our kids, and just recently took it out of cobwebs. Not for anything of note, but she has been helping some women from church who are going through divorces. A lot of them leave it in gods hands and then end up with nothing, or next to nothing. So my wife decided to help god out a bit...(-;
Quote Reply
Re: Why did the Obamas surrender their law licenses? [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m really curious what the 10% pro Obama reasons for giving up a law licenses are.

Is it necessary to give up law licenses to train for the Olympics?

Maybe they want to compete for Hungary in the half pipe? That would be pretty cool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
Slowman wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
Did any consensus ever emerge about this? The info I see on the web looks to me to be 90% anti-Obama BS and 10% pro-Obama white-wash. Anyone feel they have "truth" on this?

Seems to me that the law licenses wouldn't have been surrendered w/o good reason. On the other hand, had there been "good reason" that reflected poorly on the Obamas, I figure that legit righty media sources would have been all over that. So it's a puzzlement (Yul Brinner quote).

are you satisfied based on what you're reading here that the obamas did not surrender or relinquish or let lay fallow their law licenses for nefarious or embarrassing reasons? or do you remain unconvinced?

"Remain unconvinced?" "Remain"? I was never unconvinced.

You guys threw in a lot of unnecessary drama in this thread. I came in with a neutral question, excepting that the use of the word "surrender" might not have been the correct label for the process. The 2nd sentence of the OP referred to the anti-Obama info as "BS". Yet, most of the follow on posts in this thread piled on like the question was coming from some right-wing twit pushing an agenda with their BS fake news.

It is a little surprising to me that they both gave up the law licenses that they worked so hard for. But, afaik, there's zero genuine evidence that it was a result of misbehavior so there should be no assumption, no inference, of misbehavior. Had their been some evidence, and we've a broad range of folks in the LR, I figure someone here would have chimed in with some insights.

They. Did. Not. Give. Up. Their. Law. Licenses.

That is why people think you are asking a dumb question. They aren't using them so they register as inactive so they don't have to do CLE and can return to active status in an afternoon. Just like I did.

Which 18 seconds on Google would have told you.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Feb 22, 18 18:09
Quote Reply
Re: Why did the Obamas surrender their law licenses? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Sorry ... sorry ... I couldn't help myself ... ;-)

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
Did any consensus ever emerge about this? The info I see on the web looks to me to be 90% anti-Obama BS and 10% pro-Obama white-wash. Anyone feel they have "truth" on this?

Seems to me that the law licenses wouldn't have been surrendered w/o good reason. On the other hand, had there been "good reason" that reflected poorly on the Obamas, I figure that legit righty media sources would have been all over that. So it's a puzzlement (Yul Brinner quote).

Should have been a pretty simple answer. Why would anybody want to be a lawyer? :-)

Same thing with all professions. There are all kinds of professionals for whatever reason no longer work in the area there were trained to do and let their licenses to practice lapse. I know in my case I can take a "leave of absence" for up to two years. If I want to come back any time after that then I'd have to rewrite certification exams. But I know several chiropractors who have left and chosen not to come back. One guy became a minister, one guy joined the RCMP, one went into politics to be elected into our parliament, a few others opened up unrelated businesses and one unfortunate guy developed schizophrenia and can't work at anything now.
Quote Reply
Re: Why did the Obamas surrender their law licenses? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Do you think Trump could have ever even been accepted into law school? :-)

Sorry ... sorry ... I couldn't help myself ... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Why did the Obamas surrender their law licenses? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

Hell, I got in, so ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Why did the Obamas surrender their law licenses? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Hell, I got in, so ...

Well he did get a MBA from Wharton.
Quote Reply

Prev Next