Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Spotted: Cannondale Aero road bike [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
titemple652 wrote:
No doubt the industry says it is over but why is 99% of the pro peloton still using rim brakes even when the industry is belt feeding disc brake bikes to them? Because they prefer rim brake bikes.
Hahahahha no. UCI approval is not there yet. They won’t change until it’s approved.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Spotted: Cannondale Aero road bike [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are allowed to use them Bryan as the UCI is currently still in a trial/test period. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Spotted: Cannondale Aero road bike [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
titemple652 wrote:
They are allowed to use them Bryan as the UCI is currently still in a trial/test period. ;-)

We all know this. I said more teams will switch once they approve it

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Spotted: Cannondale Aero road bike [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could be.
Quote Reply
Re: Spotted: Cannondale Aero road bike [helo guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. There is no result in estimation what some one think others would say ore do ..
2. That's why to ask the others what they like (and why) gives an answer ..
3. To interpret this answers reflects just on the interpreter's skills ..

4. But all of the above is to apply if the main goal is to take part in an exchange of limited views ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Spotted: Cannondale Aero road bike [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
sausskross wrote:
It would be most interesting if possibly new nano resins are featured in that frame ..

Cannondale has a strong history using trusted teams and athletes for future product development. We have no other details to share at this time.

That wasn’t no comment!
Quote Reply
Re: Spotted: Cannondale Aero road bike [helo guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, in 300+ mass starts, I can't say I was ever held back by braking.

There are a few technical TTs where I may have been (Strava side-by-side had me losing a few seconds in technical turns), but it may also have been the guys who beat me simply being willing to take more risks, rather than being able to brake later because of equipment. Hard to tell.

Most triathletes barely need brakes at all in racing since most tri bike legs do not feature high-speed chicanes,. etc

Have had a few instances of brake rub after taking neutral wheels with a slightly different brake track position.
Quote Reply
Re: Spotted: Cannondale Aero road bike [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Yeah, in 300+ mass starts, I can't say I was ever held back by braking.

There are a few technical TTs where I may have been (Strava side-by-side had me losing a few seconds in technical turns), but it may also have been the guys who beat me simply being willing to take more risks, rather than being able to brake later because of equipment. Hard to tell.

Most triathletes barely need brakes at all in racing since most tri bike legs do not feature high-speed chicanes,. etc

Have had a few instances of brake rub after taking neutral wheels with a slightly different brake track position.

I have had occasional brake problems in tri's, but the nice thing about regular rim brakes is that is only takes a few seconds to adjust the pad spacing and you are on your way with functional, non-rubbing brakes.

Disk brakes (at least all the ones I have had) are not field serviceable. If you have a significant problem you are hosed.

Maybe the big push for disk brakes will result in ones that allow for quick/no tool adjustment of pads to fix rubbing. For all I know there are already models like that out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Spotted: Cannondale Aero road bike [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More photos here: http://www.bikeradar.com/...ro-cannondale-51819/

Quote Reply

Prev Next