Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weight of 2018 P3 and P5?
Quote | Reply
I have checked everywhere and can't find the weight of the 2018 Cervelo P3 and P5. Just about every other bike company lists their bikes' weights, however Cervelo does not. Does anyone know how much these two bikes weigh? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Weight of 2018 P3 and P5? [kevinbsauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that it compares really but I got a 2014 P2 with 105, essentially the same build as today and it was 19.5 lbs. Hed Jet Race wheels / tires, TRP brakes, and a few Campagnolo parts brought it to 18.5 including a crank based PM. The wheels on P2s and P3s are throw away training wheels, you can knock off 3/4 of a pound with race wheels/ tires. Go to a bike shop with a cheap digital fishing scale if you want to weigh anything.

I live in a very hilly area and most tris have a tun of climbing, so lighter is always more fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Weight of 2018 P3 and P5? [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response, anything is helpful. I find it odd they don't post the weight. I live in CO and race hilly races (St. George, Whistler, etc.) so yes I'm looking for performance and light.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a P5 with SRAM eTap, Enve 7.8s, SRM cranks, Pro saddle and is a 48cm. Weight is under 18lbs.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Weight of 2018 P3 and P5? [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
I have a P5 with SRAM eTap, Enve 7.8s, SRM cranks, Pro saddle and is a 48cm. Weight is under 18lbs.

My wife has my 51 p5 and depending on disk or other wheels we can go 17.5 to 18.5.

Sram red, dash saddle etc, I weighed everything years ago. Frame at 1600, fork at 450. Arduro bars are a pta unless you get lucky with fit.

Weight will matter on whistler as the op is doing. Not as much as aero but do you pick a 17 pound p5 which you could build for way cheaper than 24 pound p5x??

If you climb Haleakala at 10k feet then it’s worth a pound a minute over 4 hours. Of course different for whistler as it is rolling.

Doing whistler this year?

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Weight of 2018 P3 and P5? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:

My wife has my 51 p5 and depending on disk or other wheels we can go 17.5 to 18.5.

Sram red, dash saddle etc, I weighed everything years ago. Frame at 1600, fork at 450. Arduro bars are a pta unless you get lucky with fit.

Weight will matter on whistler as the op is doing. Not as much as aero but do you pick a 17 pound p5 which you could build for way cheaper than 24 pound p5x??

If you climb Haleakala at 10k feet then it’s worth a pound a minute over 4 hours. Of course different for whistler as it is rolling.

Cheers,
Maurice

Since the new Whistler course is trending towards Haleakala aggregate climbing and since some of it is technical enough that you don't get all your potential energy gained climbing back in speed due to either braking or the effect of air braking (as the speed gets higher and higher, the potential energy is just moving a wall of wind not gaining you much speed unless you are top tube sitting Tony Martin style)....so light should matter on this course this year!!! Oh and for sure the Macca approved cabbage and water diet with tape worms thrown in during the taper to further hollow out your body!
Quote Reply
Re: Weight of 2018 P3 and P5? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:

Cheers,
Maurice

Since the new Whistler course is trending towards Haleakala aggregate climbing and since some of it is technical enough that you don't get all your potential energy gained climbing back in speed due to either braking or the effect of air braking (as the speed gets higher and higher, the potential energy is just moving a wall of wind not gaining you much speed unless you are top tube sitting Tony Martin style)....so light should matter on this course this year!!! Oh and for sure the Macca approved cabbage and water diet with tape worms thrown in during the taper to further hollow out your body!

Agreed,

I think the aero shoot out illustrates that weight matters if other things are reasonably equal.

A few things though, zip ties and a couple aluminum cages that I use are 50 grams all in for bta and bts. Some of the aero water systems are over a pound dry...and for anyone out there talking about aero...torhans a30 is not a hydration system, it’s shit.

Some of the other ones appear promising, but I’m going old school on this one.

Also strategic bottle pick up and dump. Iirc sentania on here only ever raced IM on one bottle.

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Weight of 2018 P3 and P5? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:

Cheers,
Maurice

Agreed,

I think the aero shoot out illustrates that weight matters if other things are reasonably equal.

A few things though, zip ties and a couple aluminum cages that I use are 50 grams all in for bta and bts. Some of the aero water systems are over a pound dry...and for anyone out there talking about aero...torhans a30 is not a hydration system, it’s shit.

Some of the other ones appear promising, but I’m going old school on this one.

Also strategic bottle pick up and dump. Iirc sentania on here only ever raced IM on one bottle.

Cheers,
Maurice

Agreed on racing all distances only on one bottle. You can pick up 10-12 bottles on the course, so no need to haul around an extra 1.5 lbs constantly. I think the margin of error for a 180 lb athlete is also greater than for a 140 lbs athlete, given that more of their top line watts go towards pushing their body around. Take a 20 lbs bike on a 140 lbs body and a 20 lbs bike on an 180 lbs body and you start seeing the diff. It's bad enough that the 140 lbs athlete has to use the exact same watts to a turn a 700c wheels at 40 kph as 180 lbs athlete and the same watts to move the 20 lbs bike. So that leaves less top line watts to move the body around. Luckily the smaller body needs less watts to move it around in the wind, but there is fixed cost for bike weight and bike wheel drag that athletes of all sizes pay for equally in brute watts....so if you are a small athlete, especially on a climbing course, damn right weight matters.
Quote Reply
Re: Weight of 2018 P3 and P5? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked up a 2017 Cannondale Slice on a killer deal, Ultegra build and light weight wheels, shade under 16 lbs, should be good to go for whistler as long as I can get back down to 145 lbs and in the 4 w/kg range.
Quote Reply