Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: VIDEO** Gwen training at altitude in Colorado [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The shoes during the stretching scene were very clearly Asics. Last week she was in Nike though - and her clothes are usually still Asics, running out from her old contract I'd imagine.

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: VIDEO** Gwen training at altitude in Colorado [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:
The shoes during the stretching scene were very clearly Asics. Last week she was in Nike though - and her clothes are usually still Asics, running out from her old contract I'd imagine.

Ignore the stretching - they were the same as Shalane, couple front shots they were the big Nike swoosh...no Asics on the clothing either. She doesn't seem to be under any contract...but it's probably coming.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Video is up. Its really the same day but though pats eyes. Let me know what you guys think.

Also thanks for all the feedback. We get your feedback from here and try to make videos around it!

Quote Reply
Re: VIDEO** Gwen training at altitude in Colorado [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, we are enjoying them here at work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really enjoyed this one on Pat, good idea and good job with it. You have to wonder how much he has contributed to her success, he sure seems to make life way easier for her!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been enjoying the videos! Both Gwen and Patrick seem very genuine. Also the videos feel like I am actually getting a look into their lives instead of a scripted preview. Keep it up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These have been very, very good. Kudos to you...and to Gwen, Patrick...and Stanley!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what's the setup for this? I guess Gwen is paying you to do these? Is this a marketing attempt for her prior to shoe sponsorship negotiations?
Quote Reply
Re: VIDEO** Gwen training at altitude in Colorado [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GOOOOD Question! Nothing behind it to be 100% honest. I approached Pat with the plan back at Island house (2017). Its just a way to build her brand and build my brand. Its been a-lot of fun as well. I think the purpose about this is less about sponsors and more about her hard work and her life. Just to kind of (Gwen) brand build and documentary series (Similar to just daily youtube vloggers). Hopefully one day Stanley will be able to sit back and kind of watch his parents progress to Tokyo ya know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to see the spotlight on Pat a bit as he is clearly a huge part of the winning equation for her. Maybe you should hone up on your food photography skills/equipment for the inevitable cookbook?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job on these videos. Great idea to flip the perspective and show the support behind her success. I played a similar role for my wife for a year many years ago, can't imagine doing that for multiple years but then again she didn't make a living off her athletic challenges. Hope you get lots of hits. Gwen's set up quite an ambitious challenge for herself and I'll be pulling for her to be successful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great video man. Really enjoyed it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
love these videos. keep them coming!

more of just a general question, not to you specifically, but does anyone buy that she drinks Red Bull on a training run?
Quote Reply
Re: VIDEO** Gwen training at altitude in Colorado [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you think it was just a coincidence that she was wearing a ton of lululemon clothing in these videos? even while she was running. i have no idea, but i am not aware of any professional athletes that they sponsor, but this seems like it would be a good one to start with if her shoe contract would allow it!
Quote Reply
Re: VIDEO** Gwen training at altitude in Colorado [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crazy you say that prior to recording the first episode with Gwen for some reason in my head I was like "no way she drinks Redbull". That's just marketing play since she is sponsored. But prior to her race in Seattle, Pat got her a Redbull and I was like surly she takes a gel or something and I will be damned it's just Redbull. Then I asked them that night and they looked at me confused as if to why she would drink anything else. Every workout/training day whatever Gwen just straight up drinks Redbull lol (Redbull/water). It really is true. Trust me I was more shocked then you guys. but to be specific she LOVES the Tropical (yellow) Redbull pretty much the only one she drinks. lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
monty wrote:
Well 10k short of running a 2;40 or so marathon, at altitude, in the snow, and a training run. Guess the just running part of the program is over. I would like to see her in some more beefy shoes though, she seems to be spending a lot of time with her Achilles and calfs stretching them, and mentioned they were on edge.

Impressive running for sure. I assume these are the zoom fly which are pretty beefy albeit a race pace type shoe. 8.4 oz, 10mm drop and 33mm under the heel is quite a bit of shoe. They could be the Vapor fly 4% but I would think not? I'm not sure what a heavier shoe would do to help at this stage - seems like it's strength work and preventative stuff. That Achilles stuff is terrible though...

But finally, she's in a Nike shoe...training with Schumacher...being a Nike athlete is the next thing around the corner I assume.

Brent

You are correct that they are both running in the Zoomfly in these videos. The sole pattern is different between the Zoomfly & Vaporfly and that was the easiest way to tell which model they were using.
Quote Reply

Prev Next