Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What do you actually fit in your Draft Box?
Quote | Reply
Have the new IA draft box for this year and a never used one before. Just trying to get a feel for what people put in their rear box. Whether it be Trek, QR, or Felt.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: What do you actually fit in your Draft Box? [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trek SC Draft Box: I fit 2 tubes, 2 co2's, tire boot and a tire lever. That allows be to ride with just gels/bars in my jersey and never really have to worry about carrying a flat kit on my body.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: What do you actually fit in your Draft Box? [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A tube, a boot, a CO2 and inflator, a tire lever, a chain link, and a multi-tool. It's basically a traveling tool kit. Oh yeah, I've also trimmed my Gen2 draft box (Trek) with foam on the inside so I don't have to hear anything rattle so I technically still have plenty of room left over.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you actually fit in your Draft Box? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
A tube, a boot, a CO2 and inflator, a tire lever, a chain link, and a multi-tool. It's basically a traveling tool kit. Oh yeah, I've also trimmed my Gen2 draft box (Trek) with foam on the inside so I don't have to hear anything rattle so I technically still have plenty of room left over.

Might have to steal that foam idea
Quote Reply
Re: What do you actually fit in your Draft Box? [tridude93] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basically a sponge/foam that I cut to shape with a hot knife and then glued to the underside of my draft box cover. Tube goes in the bottom. Together the two assure there's no rattling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 butyl tube, tire levers, C02, C02 inflater, Crank Brothers Multi Bicycle Tool, tube extenders, and extender tools.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got a new Felt as well. I'm still trying to optimize my draft box setup, but so far I can manage one butyl tube, two CO2 cartridges, two levers, a Serfas multi-tool, a KMC MissingLink, and some patches. I wrap the loud stuff either in a ziplock bag, some plastic wrap, or stretch a short length of an old inner tube around them to prevent rattling. As hard as I try, so far I can't get two tubes in the box with room leftover for anything else I need to carry.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you actually fit in your Draft Box? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And here I just threw stuff into an old sock, then all the little stuff comes out together too instead of having to dig in that thing looking for the quickling or the co2 inflator head etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gen 1 Speed Concept (the narrow box):

1x tube, wrapped in clingfoil and with an extender for the deeper front wheel
2x CO2
1x inflator
1x valve/extender wrench
1x multitool
2x spare links
2x tyre levers

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: What do you actually fit in your Draft Box? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt draft box for self-supported long course. Not as much as I had hoped, but still much better than what I had before with most of it Velcro or strapped on the BTS mount.

In the Box
2 - tubes
2 - tire levers
1 - Co2
1 - Quick link
1 - valve extender

Still a lot of other things in the Calpac and jersey pocket for those long training rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek SC Gen 2-

2 - Tubes
2 - CO2
2 - CO2 Inflators
2 - Tire Levers
2 - Emergency Boots
Quote Reply
Re: What do you actually fit in your Draft Box? [tridude93] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridude93 wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Might have to steal that foam idea

I use a piece of bubble wrap to keep it quiet, can also be used for stress relief on a bad training day :-p

Trek SC Gen 2 (Race wheels are setup tubeless)
1 Tube with extender attached (throw in a 2nd tube without extender if on training wheels)
2 Tire levers
1 inflator
3 CO2 (2 if 2 tubes)
1 Dynaplug Micro Pro
1 Piece of Bubble Wrap
Quote Reply