Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: when to ask for a 2nd date? [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
windschatten wrote:
Nova wrote:

Lastly, I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE!!! I hate it to death. A text can be answered at a later date. It can be answered right away. It can say I'll talk later... The phone is so in my face.

Here you go!

What a difficult birth.
Nothing to be ashamed off. Just don't assume that other women share your aversion to personal conversation.

P.S.:
You could still just text back. Your phone plan hopefully comes with Voicemail.
May be useful in case of a family emergency.

I'm curious, why does it bother you guys so much that I'd rather text then call? If I had said I wanted a phone call you all would be saying you're so 80's, the way to go is text.

I work a million hours a week. I cannot talk on the phone in the lab, period. I can however receive a text and read it later. (No, I don't wanna listen to a voice mail.) My phone translates it anyway so I'd only read it anyway. Why even leave a message, I have caller ID, I know you called.

Maybe that's a part of the problem. Work is way over rated IMHO, especially when it interferes with other aspects of your life.
Quote Reply
Re: when to ask for a 2nd date? [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:
Stop giving Nova a hard time.

I have a code brown here, I need to gather up the LR brain trust./p

Word whispered in the hallways and the break room of this new gal that just start work in the building. No one knows who she is and what she does, and as such, carries with her this weird mystical air. And her accent... oh my, her accent. She has this latino accent seemingly sweetened with honey. Her wardrobe is simple yet shines with confidence.

You are probably thinking that I am coming to ask LR on how to talk to her.

Uh uh.

Give me some mirco-credit, I did learn a little bit here. I finally bumped into her in the break room and did not hesitate to engage in conversation. I did talk to her. Found out what she does, name, blah blah.

But I couldn't continue the conversation (didn't know what else to say) and completely chickened out from asking her out. What should I have done?

Flame away.

Simmer down and give it some time. Asking her out right away just says you like the way she looks despite knowing absolutely nothing about her. Keep bumping in to her and chatting, no pressure. If you get to know her a bit and like her past her accent and looks then ask about meeting up outside of work.

No need to bust right out with a thirsty dude request for a date. If she really is smoking hot then she has been asked by plenty of thirsty dudes, at least pretend that you are interested in getting to know her before you ask for a date. That makes you different.
Quote Reply
Re: when to ask for a 2nd date? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
noodle_soup wrote:

Word whispered in the hallways and the break room of this new gal that just start work in the building. No one knows who she is and what she does, and as such, carries with her this weird mystical air. And her accent... oh my, her accent. She has this latino accent seemingly sweetened with honey. Her wardrobe is simple yet shines with confidence.

Uh uh.

Give me some mirco-credit, I did learn a little bit here. I finally bumped into her in the break room and did not hesitate to engage in conversation. I did talk to her. Found out what she does, name, blah blah.

But I couldn't continue the conversation (didn't know what else to say) and completely chickened out from asking her out. What should I have done?

Flame away.

So you shit your pants ?

You would too if you saw how spicy she looks.
Quote Reply
Re: when to ask for a 2nd date? [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noodle_soup wrote:
Leddy wrote:
noodle_soup wrote:

Uh uh.

Flame away.

So you shit your pants ?

If she's that attractive then you don't want to just ask her out that quickly. Chances are if she's new and getting that much attention she has every available dude in the building's attention. Find an opportunity to engage in a few more small talk conversations and gauge her interest. At some point you're going to have to throw yourself out there, and when that time comes don't forget:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
Last edited by: matt_cycles: Feb 22, 18 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: when to ask for a 2nd date? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Next time you run into her ask if she likes triathlon and invite her to one of your races. But be specific, it has to be about Ironman triathlon and not any of that short course bs. Oh, and don't say "Hi, it's me finman". That's a deal breaker.

Does her name have double letters in it anywhere? That's not good

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: when to ask for a 2nd date? [matt_cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matt_cycles wrote:
noodle_soup wrote:
Leddy wrote:
noodle_soup wrote:

Uh uh.

Flame away.

So you shit your pants ?

If she's that attractive then you don't want to just ask her out that quickly. Chances are if she's new and getting that much attention she has every available dude in the building's attention. Find an opportunity to engage in a few more small talk conversations and gauge her interest. At some point you're going to have to throw yourself out there, and when that time comes don't forget:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

This is actually some good advice. Keep finding ways to bump into her. You'll know she's receptive if she finds ways to bump into you. Since we're not dealing with "the internet of things", then watch her body language. Have some event in mind or place to go when the situation presents itself to ask her out beyond the work place.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply

Prev Next