Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What’s the logical endpoint to my efforts? (training wise)
Quote | Reply
Racing isn’t all about w/kg, it’s about results and fun. But I do like having something to shoot for.

I also don’t want to think the outcome will continue how it has so far. I’m 33 and come far in riding just a year and a half.

I don’t want to shoot for something that’d just let me down. I hit a 4.0 w/kg in a test the other day and it felt great, like there wasn’t an end in sight. But there is. And it’s going to be harder for the rest.

On 6 to 8 a week only on the bike, how much could I push the ratio?

I’m at 280 and 70kg now and could easily hold probably 67kg this year. I see no issue hitting close to 4.5 by year end.

Is 5.0 possible at all on that time? I’m more of a HIIT guy that throws in some long stuff in the year when possible. I feel I’ve responded great so far to the work. I like the work as much as the race. Just seeing what I can do. To me I don’t need to win bike races to justify my training. It’s just fun icing to even participate.

A five-oh to me would be at 330ish watts and mid 60s kg.

I’ll probably try anyway, but what level of hurt is in store here?
Quote Reply
Re: What’s the logical endpoint to my efforts? (training wise) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t mean to grace your post with a short answer that could be deemed rude, so please read this accordingly: why not just keep having fun and see what happens? The numbers ultimately mean nothing if you don’t put it into real practice in an event or two. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: What’s the logical endpoint to my efforts? (training wise) [Misery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, you’re right.

It’s fun to be fast, but it’s not fun if I don’t do something with it.

I have a few things I want to do related to that number. A date with a hill/mountain and a time I want to hit is one.

I won’t hit it even with what I have now. Close, but not possible yet.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s the logical endpoint to my efforts? (training wise) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a turbo trainer setup, why not try a few zwift races and slowly work your way up to Cat B. See if you can get a Cat B trophy in a race as a year end challenge. Probably need around 4w/kg for 45 minutes for that on a 4 lap race.
Quote Reply