Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo KICKR question
Quote | Reply
Kinda stupid question - just got a used kickr (original) - when I "back pedal" or coast, the chain falls off, as if it's a single speed or the freehub isn't working. Is this normal? I can't find any description of this on the Wahoo website or FAQ.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo KICKR question [llee1847] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, not normal. But likely not a major problem either.

Easiest scenario is that you are cross-chaining (small front ring, small rear cog) and the angle of the chain is creating this problem.

Likely scenario is that the alignment of your derailleur to the cassette cogs is slightly different from your regular wheel. The misalignment can cause these issues. In this case, you can tune the RD, or see if any adjustment in the cassette is possible (look for shims behind the cassette).

Other likely scenario: Your cassette and chain are at different points of being 'worn'. As a result, they are no longer perfectly meshing with each other. Figure out which part is older and replace it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Likely to have worn shims/spacers within the freehub. They're a replaceable part. Here's the rundown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eeUiZ4H7kg

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo KICKR question [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have similar problem. Need to replace 2 shims inside cassette. Original kickr. Where can I find them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just had this happen and it was the freehub. Lbs replaced with a new and it’s good to go. I got my original kickr in year 1 so it’s not crazy that the hub got mucked up with all the sweat from tons of use.

Human Person
Quote Reply