Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NYC Masters Swim
Quote | Reply
Looking to start swimming with a masters group. I'm not a strong swimmer and therefore looking for the least intense, most welcoming group. I've found a few, but not much feedback on them. Anyone have any experience or recommendations with them?

-Red Tide
-Bearcat
-Asphalt Green
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Masters Swim [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ninagski wrote:
Looking to start swimming with a masters group. I'm not a strong swimmer and therefore looking for the least intense, most welcoming group. I've found a few, but not much feedback on them. Anyone have any experience or recommendations with them?

-Red Tide
-Bearcat
-Asphalt Green

i only have experience as a drop in at asphalt green a couple of times (not from NYC), but i liked the range of swimmers and solid etiquette. workouts weren't bad. if you search there are a few discussions on this in the forums.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swim at Colombia - Tuesday Thursday and Friday at 6

Sessions are good , all abilities- you can drop in and try , 10 dollars I think

Cheers Steve
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Masters Swim [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be seeing you soon, I'm starting up at Columbia in the coming weeks...shifting back to mostly swimming this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If redtide works for you... I find they have the team that knows how to "play" in the water. Its a team made up of life long swimmers... its all speeds , but the core of the team is not adult onset. They just lost a bunch of pool time on Jan 1, but if the workouts that are there work for you, I still think its one of the best in the city
Quote Reply