Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This kid is a complete idiot - updated still an idiot but now there’s a claim some were fake
Quote | Reply
terracotta warrior

I like what the FBI agent asked him:

When Archer interviewed Rohana at his family's home Jan. 13, he asked Rohana "if he had anything in his possession that he wanted to turn over to the FBI."

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Mar 27, 18 19:20
Quote Reply
Re: This kid is a complete idiot [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

He is not that stupid. He did manage to open an unlocked door and then past stanchions with a black rope between them:

A door to the exhibit was closed, but apparently unlocked. Beyond that, the intruder had to figure out how to get past a black rope hung between stanchions.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: This kid is a complete idiot [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok , I’ll grant as smart as a 3 year old

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: This kid is a complete idiot [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And China is PISSED (understandably so)
Quote Reply
Re: This kid is a complete idiot [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Well if you really wanted to send a message ship the kid over there to be punished.

I got to go to Xi'an in the 90's and saw where they were found. They are behind glass there and I guess should have been so here. Can't wait to hear how much they ask for in restitution.

Definitely taking my kids down to see them cause who knows if they will ever be back to this area now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Well if you really wanted to send a message ship the kid over there to be punished.

I got to go to Xi'an in the 90's and saw where they were found. They are behind glass there and I guess should have been so here. Can't wait to hear how much they ask for in restitution.

Definitely taking my kids down to see them cause who knows if they will ever be back to this area now.

It sucks that this kid fucked it up for the rest of, well... everyone.

I might have to go down there and check out the exhibit. Last time I was there was (I think) when the Pompeii exhibit was there. Visited the real thing on a high school trip and it was cool seeing some of the same artifacts they had on display all those years later, even though there might have been a lot of replicas (the petrified humans, at least).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: This kid is a complete idiot [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Speaking of replicas..

https://www.phillymag.com/...terracotta-warriors/

$50m!!
My wife sent that to me today. I thought it was 5MM.
Anyway, did you see the exhibit ? I’m tryimg to figure out if the statues in the main exhibit were not all real or the ones in the next room (that were clearly replicas ) is the issue. I remember not seeing signs out there that they weren’t real and thinking I wonder how many people thought they were. I’m thinking this could be a money grab?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
terracotta warrior

I like what the FBI agent asked him:

When Archer interviewed Rohana at his family's home Jan. 13,<snip>

This Archer?

"Du or Du not-there is no Tri" - Yoda
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Speaking of replicas..

https://www.phillymag.com/...terracotta-warriors/

$50m!!

My wife sent that to me today. I thought it was 5MM.
Anyway, did you see the exhibit ? I’m tryimg to figure out if the statues in the main exhibit were not all real or the ones in the next room (that were clearly replicas ) is the issue. I remember not seeing signs out there that they weren’t real and thinking I wonder how many people thought they were. I’m thinking this could be a money grab?

I never did end up making it down there.. kind of glad now if the exhibit was all fakes!

As mentioned in my earlier post, I seem to remember the Pompeii exhibit having a lot of replicas of the petrified remains and the description signs for each of them noting that.

Quote Reply