Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's pick a hot climate country and compete for it in the 2022 winter olympics [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jctriguy wrote:
Halvard wrote:
Jctriguy wrote:
Halvard wrote:
IOC has different rules that the international ski association.
In the world championship you actually have to qualify to be able to participate.
This is a rule to keep the clowns out.

I would love to have more qualified athletes in the olympics instead of a bunch of tourists.

Do you know the purpose and values of the Olympics?? The IOC specifically opens up to these nations. I don’t think they are considered tourists, despite how slow they may be.

Values of the olympics. Are you talking about corruption and pro doping?
But of course, these tourists fits NBC's way to treat sport.

Like I thought, go read a bit and educate yourself. Your cultural stereotypes are rather pathetic to listen to all the time.

The history of the IOC is full of horrible people.

Just take the IOC president from 1952 - 1972 Avery Brundage.
He was a horrible racist

Also the history of amateurism is mostly the upper class trying to keep faster and poorer athletes away from the games.
Just look at sport from 1880 and forward. The olympics from 1896 fits good into that.

And of course this guy

But feel free to educate me
Last edited by: Halvard: Feb 16, 18 20:43
Quote Reply
Re: Let's pick a hot climate country and compete for it in the 2022 winter olympics [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
An elite runner is generally 6 inches too short and 50-60 lbs too light to be an elite skier.

Dammit, with my Jan Ullrich winter program I chose the wrong sport!

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Let's pick a hot climate country and compete for it in the 2022 winter olympics [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
An elite runner is generally 6 inches too short and 50-60 lbs too light to be an elite skier.

Dammit, with my Jan Ullrich winter program I chose the wrong sport!

Actually even at your ultraman weight and height you might be a touch heavy. Basically looks like all the elite skiers are around the median elite IM male pros plus 10 lbs....I think that still makes you around 10 lbs heavy
Quote Reply
Re: Let's pick a hot climate country and compete for it in the 2022 winter olympics [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just watched the full coverage of the race. Because he was so slow, he got a lot of camera time. The amazing podium finishers had to wait over 30min for this guy to practically crawl to the finish before they could get their due recognition on the podium. It is cold in Korea.

Fans had to endure being out on the cold, waiting for this "hero" to cross. Judging by his amazingly poor technique, I would easily pass him on the trails and mistake him for a 70yr old man.

At least some other significantly slower athletes had decent technique and they probably skiied when they were kids. But this hero dude from "Mexico" couldn't even get the offset technique right and is just walking uphill on his skis. It is a farce.

But it is what it is. Hubby and I are aiming for the 2022 Olympics now. We just gotta pick a country now. Any ideas if we don't have actual ties to any of the hot climate countries? Lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's pick a hot climate country and compete for it in the 2022 winter olympics [IronLady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought they established qualification rules after the Jamaican bobsled thing back in, was it '88? Did I miss something?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's pick a hot climate country and compete for it in the 2022 winter olympics [IronLady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronLady wrote:
I just watched the full coverage of the race. Because he was so slow, he got a lot of camera time. The amazing podium finishers had to wait over 30min for this guy to practically crawl to the finish before they could get their due recognition on the podium. It is cold in Korea.

Fans had to endure being out on the cold, waiting for this "hero" to cross. Judging by his amazingly poor technique, I would easily pass him on the trails and mistake him for a 70yr old man.

At least some other significantly slower athletes had decent technique and they probably skiied when they were kids. But this hero dude from "Mexico" couldn't even get the offset technique right and is just walking uphill on his skis. It is a farce.

But it is what it is. Hubby and I are aiming for the 2022 Olympics now. We just gotta pick a country now. Any ideas if we don't have actual ties to any of the hot climate countries? Lol.

I suppose if you can get citizenship in another country you're entitled to be the best that country can send. I don't really understand your hang up with this guy. It seems like you're more envious that he is in the Olympics and you are not. It's not his problem that the cameras are on him and they held up podium ceremonies for him. The cameras could easily focus on something else and they could either have the podium ceremonies earlier, or have a cut off and kick him off the course if he does not meet cut off times.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's pick a hot climate country and compete for it in the 2022 winter olympics [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chuy wrote:
Google Eric Moussambani, went 1:53 in the 100 meter freestyle in the 2000 summer Olympics and won his heat.

For what it is worth, he lowered his PR to under 57 after that. Which should make him a hero to 99.999% of triathletes.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply

Prev Next