Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ISM saddle 'halves' at different heights--defect or normal?
Quote | Reply
This is the new saddle I received yesterday -- ISM PN 1.0. I was about to put it on when I realized that the two front 'halves' ('prongs'? I'm not sure what the right term is) are a bit askew. Is this normal for these saddles, and just something to deal with? Or is this one defective and I should send it back? I'm replacing another ISM saddle PS 1.1, and it does not have this issue.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM saddle 'halves' at different heights--defect or normal? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It might straighten out once you bolt it on. Give that a try first.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM saddle 'halves' at different heights--defect or normal? [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alfonso132 wrote:
It might straighten out once you bolt it on. Give that a try first.

I was mainly thinking about the height differential between the two prongs.

Quote Reply
Re: ISM saddle 'halves' at different heights--defect or normal? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The foam padding underneath? That'll brake in after a few rides, no? Anyone else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems to be a standard feature for my ISM's (5) and even my Cobb JOF's (2).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It should flatten out from your body weight while on the bike. I have the ism racing and you can move the prongs up and down a bit by hand so it shouldn't be an issue
Quote Reply
Re: ISM saddle 'halves' at different heights--defect or normal? [tridude93] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine was the other way round. Started level and separates after I've been riding for an hour or more. Apparently it's my fault because my hips aren't symmetrical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden on one for years. Never looked like that (unless the picture is misleading). It arrived and has always been symmetric.

----
Michael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine has been straight, but now after years of riding one side is higher than the other. Much more so than yours. I'm replacing it pretty soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this happen on the PN2.0. I noticed that it had a deeper center channel than other ISM saddles and felt flimsy. Usually your saddle clamp will correct it, it's only an issue if it bothers you. My LBS told me that it is quite common.
Quote Reply
Re: ISM saddle 'halves' at different heights--defect or normal? [D4vid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
everyone I have had has been uneven. Sucks but it is what it is

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply