Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ESPN Golic and Wingo [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Switch to podcasts, much better as you essentially remove the commercial breaks. I particularly enjoy the Dan Patrick show, he is exceptional in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN Golic and Wingo [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
I agree, really sick of ESPN. Where do you guys go to read about sports? Fox sports is all videos. That gets old really quick.

ESPN radio gets on my nerves but I do still use their app for online reading. You can pick your sport and then choose NEWS.
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN Golic and Wingo [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Switch to podcasts, much better as you essentially remove the commercial breaks. I particularly enjoy the Dan Patrick show, he is exceptional in my opinion.

I like Rich Eisen as well.
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN Golic and Wingo [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patrick E wrote:
I’m on the other side here. Although I agree with the comments about Golic Jr, I actually think Wingo is better than Greenie. Greenberg seemed to take himself too seriously. Many times I’d think he needs to lighten up, this is only sports. Wingo seems to get that.

I can see that.. He often was trying to be sports poor man's Seinfield. and some days it got on me..

As a father I can respect that Golic Sr, was a driving force to get his son a great job, career. Maybe the kid will grow into it, but for now. I haven't met anyone that really likes what he brings to the show.
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN Golic and Wingo [Kentcart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kentcart wrote:
Spain and Fitz are unbearable for me thanks to Spain's constant righteousness and social justice crusading. I want sports, not divisive politics.

Fitzie used to be half of my favorite morning show here in Nashville 102.5’s Braden and Fitz. He’s such a nice guy and I’m happy for him that he got the national gig, but I hate it that it broke up my favorite duo. Braden Gall is now partnered with some yahoo from Philadelphia that I can’t stand and their show has become much more corporate.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN Golic and Wingo [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am surprised no one noted Golic and Wingo got the hook. Well, not entirely, but, they have been relegated to ESPN News rather than ESPN2 on t.v.

"Get Up" is taking over their time slot. It will feature Mike Greenberg, Jalen Rose, and Michelle Beadle. Looks like a better combo than Golic and Wingo. I have to imagine Golic is a bit miffed to lose his slot to his former partner.

Hope it is good. It has got to be better that Golic and Wingo.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN Golic and Wingo [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Greeny's show was originally supposed to start in January.

Golic and Wingo definitely lack the chemistry of Mike & Mike
Last edited by: Bumble Bee: Apr 1, 18 14:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I am surprised no one noted Golic and Wingo got the hook. Well, not entirely, but, they have been relegated to ESPN News rather than ESPN2 on t.v.

"Get Up" is taking over their time slot. It will feature Mike Greenberg, Jalen Rose, and Michelle Beadle. Looks like a better combo than Golic and Wingo. I have to imagine Golic is a bit miffed to lose his slot to his former partner.

I didn't mention it because I didn't realize it because I've been paying basically no attention to Golic and Wingo.

I might try the other new show. I like Beadle.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN Golic and Wingo [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
JSA wrote:

I didn't mention it because I didn't realize it because I've been paying basically no attention to Golic and Wingo.

I might try the other new show. I like Beadle.

Same here. I had no idea. Ever since I started noticing all of the stupid product placement ads, during the Golic and Wingo show, I've quit listening. I imagine Greenberg's new show will be much the same so I suspect I will also have no interest in it.

In the AM, I've been listening to Cris Carter's show on Fox. At lunch, I listen to Chris Childers and Rick Neuhisel on ESPN College. I listen as I commute so it's not throughout the entire day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike & Mike was lightning in a bottle. For whatever reason the two were great together and might not be any good separately. Clearly, Greenberg has a lot more on air talent than Goldburg so it'll be interesting to see if his new show is a success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The show is terrible and Golic Jr makes it worse
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN Golic and Wingo [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched the new show this morning. It is a lot like Sports Nation. We will see how it develops.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I watched the new show this morning. It is a lot like Sports Nation. We will see how it develops.

I was going to give it a try, but turns out Golic and Wingo is still on ESPN2 until 0700 and the new show doesn't start until 0700 on ESPN main channel. I'm already at or on my way to work by then, so I'll probably miss it.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next