Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Soooo,...do the Japanese people speak a lot of Russian? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Any feedback from the LR collective on life in Japan would be great.

I hear that during springtime you get beautiful sunrises caused by the particulate ejected from the over-passing North Korean missiles.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Soooo,...do the Japanese people speak a lot of Russian? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a big adventure. Sure, as we get older, our preference for stability makes our desire for adventure less acute, but still, the Japan tour does sound like a great adventure. Sure, elements of it will turn out to be a pita, but you're going to come home with great stories. I wish you much fun.

And from my buddies that have lived there during the last decades, you will apparently be very popular with the ladies. Every Gaijin is Elvis, the way they tell it.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Soooo,...do the Japanese people speak a lot of Russian? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
slowguy wrote:

I hear that during springtime you get beautiful sunrises caused by the particulate ejected from the over-passing North Korean missiles.

That brings up a good point... Perhaps the biggest downside to being stationed in that region is the amount and intensity of the exercises... Get ready to wear your MOPP gear a lot.

While stationed in Japan, I did way more exercises (local on-base and regional) than all my previous years combined. It seemed like one after another... Soooooo much MOPP-4.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Re: Soooo,...do the Japanese people speak a lot of Russian? [Hydro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydro wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
slowguy wrote:

That brings up a good point... Perhaps the biggest downside to being stationed in that region is the amount and intensity of the exercises... Get ready to wear your MOPP gear a lot.

While stationed in Japan, I did way more exercises (local on-base and regional) than all my previous years combined. It seemed like one after another... Soooooo much MOPP-4.

I had sooo forgotten about that. Same here, back in the 90's, we were in some MOPP level at least a few times a week.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw this clip this morning (related to a story about hit-and-run on a cyclist by a tourist on one of these tours) and figured it would be a nice way to kill some time when you get to Tokyo.

Quote Reply
Re: Soooo,...do the Japanese people speak a lot of Russian? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean it would be fun to do the tour? Or fun to hit someone and drive away?

This isn't necessarily an either/or question...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Soooo,...do the Japanese people speak a lot of Russian? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Do you mean it would be fun to do the tour? Or fun to hit someone and drive away?

This isn't necessarily an either/or question...

The tour. Hitting someone and driving away is not acceptable.

Throwing banana peels in their path would be kind of funny though.
Quote Reply
Re: Soooo,...do the Japanese people speak a lot of Russian? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would throwing turtle shells at the cart in front of you be acceptable?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Soooo,...do the Japanese people speak a lot of Russian? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Would throwing turtle shells at the cart in front of you be acceptable?

Quote Reply

Prev Next