Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommended chain for 1x-set-up
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I am planning to use:

SRAM 54t X-Sync chainring
Shimano Ultegra R8000 11-30t
Shimano Ultegra R8050 Di2 Rear Derailleur SS Short Cage.

What chain do you recommend to use?
Quote Reply
Re: Recommended chain for 1x-set-up [colnagoguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Premier chain for A races, but for daily riding I have used the YBN chain to good effect. They are reasonably priced, tested well by Friction Facts, I use them with a mix of SRAM and Campy stuff with no issues, and they have a reusable quick link. They also seem to be very durable. I ran one for an entire season on my TT bike and when I went to replace it, I could find ZERO evidence of stretch. More than 100 links and there was no difference in length between an old and new chain. I have never seen that in almost 30 years of racing and riding.

The only incompatibility issue I have heard a rumor about was the quick link on the Wipperman making some noise on the narrow-wide SRAM rings, but I can't confirm this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I've had the best shifting using Shimano chains with Shimano cassettes and SRAM chains with SRAM cassettes. Basically any combination (KMC, Connex) will work though if you set it up properly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using ICE Friction chains for the last few years for training and racing. They have supported me for the last few years but I have purchased their products before that. They aren't cheap but they are super smooth and quiet and leave no residue or dirt on the chain or drive train. I used to switch between an Ultegra chain for training then put the ICE chain on for racing but then just bit the bullet to go with ICE all the time so I didn't have to worry about scrubbing my cassette and chainrings before each race.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
colnagoguy wrote:
Hello,

I am planning to use:

SRAM 54t X-Sync chainring
Shimano Ultegra R8000 11-30t
Shimano Ultegra R8050 Di2 Rear Derailleur SS Short Cage.

What chain do you recommend to use?

Having been on similar setup using 54t, and dura DI2, I always go with Shimano chains if I can. The Shimano HG701 - is the simple affordable solution... it is 11 speed, Ultrega.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply