Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift group running
Quote | Reply
It is awesome and I have become addicted. Just did a marathon/5k sandwich run, but my favorite ones are the progressive ones. Have been mostly doing the B ones as A seems really a bit fast.

Would there be an interest here to start a weekly slowtwitch run on Zwift?

If so, and what time frames work best?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift group running [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have to run with a bluetooth headset on to talk to others?

Seems weird.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift group running [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your phone is the remote and you can voice text others. But realistically only the leader talks and announces the pace changes that are coming up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been off Zwift for a bit now, but did run using it a few times (dumb treadmill + ANT+ footpod + Win10 computer with ANT+ receiver). Worked fine, technically, but running outside at 0C was more fun. But what is the 'A' and 'B' you mention? What are the approximate paces for each?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift group running [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Group A today maxed out at 15.5km/h while Group B maxed out at 13.5km/h
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Marathon & 5K sandwich workout today was:

A: Warm Up 4 minutes @ 11 kph (6.8 mph), 4 minutes @12 kph (7.5 mph), then marathon tempo 12 minutes @14 kph (8.7 mph), 2 minutes recovery @ 9 kph (5.6 mph), then 5K intervals with 5 sets of 2 minutes @ 15.5kph (9.6 mph), 2 minutes recovery @ 9 kph (5.6 mph), back to marathon tempo: 12 minutes @14 kph (8.7 mph) followed by warm down of 3 minutes @ 9 kph (5.6 mph). Total distance 12 km / 57 minutes

B: Warm Up 4 minutes @ 9.5 kph (5.9 mph), 4 minutes @10 kph (6.2 mph), then marathon tempo 12 minutes @12 kph (7.5 mph), 2 minutes recovery @ 8 kph (5 mph), then 5K intervals with 5 sets of 2 minutes @ 13.5kph (8.4 mph), 2 minutes recovery @ 8 kph (5 mph), back to marathon tempo: 12 minutes @12 kph (7.5 mph) followed by warm down of 3 minutes @ 8 kph (5 mph). Total distance 10.4 km / 57 minutes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
It is awesome and I have become addicted. Just did a marathon/5k sandwich run, but my favorite ones are the progressive ones. Have been mostly doing the B ones as A seems really a bit fast.

Would there be an interest here to start a weekly slowtwitch run on Zwift?

If so, and what time frames work best?

What do I need? I have a Garmin Fenix 5 and treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift group running [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A foot pod. If you are connecting via IOS / IPad then bluetooth, otherwise Ant+. Or in the case of Stryd it does both.

You can just toggle between running and cycling at the pairing screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
A foot pod. If you are connecting via IOS / IPad then bluetooth, otherwise Ant+. Or in the case of Stryd it does both.

So any bluetooth footpod would do it? e.g

https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/p/15516#overview
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Herbert wrote:

So any bluetooth footpod would do it? e.g

https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/p/15516#overview

I don't think the garmin footpods are bluetooth. Also, if you are using iphone/ipad you would want a chest strap as the garmin watch won't connect HR. If you are using the apple watch it actually counts as both a footpod and HR device. Garmin needs to start making all of their devices bluetooth capable. There are advantages to ant+ right now but bluetooth is the way of the future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the Milestone Pod which has been working well for me the last few weeks. Haven’t moved it from shoe to shoe since you’re not supposed to but I can’t imagine it would be a huge issue if you did. Calibrated it on a few runs outside and is very close to treadmill speed.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply