Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Normatec Repair - Anyone Done It??
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased a used Normatec MVP system. Subsequently, I found that the right leg does not fill due to a hole in the heel. If I hold the hole closed, it does fill.

Normatec has informed me that it is difficult to repair and does not offer any repair options or advice. Instead, they are offering me a single boot for the same price I bought the system for (not an option I am entertaining).

Has anyone ever repaired a hole in a Normatec or similar boot? A friend has recommended duct tape, but I don't foresee that as a long term solution.

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec Repair - Anyone Done It?? [wojoku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems that if you can find the hole, some sealer should work fine. A good adhesive if it small should work fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec Repair - Anyone Done It?? [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
Seems that if you can find the hole, some sealer should work fine. A good adhesive if it small should work fine.

agree.. maybe even a patch like for an innertube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll preface this by saying I haven't tried it myself, but it seems to me that you could repair it the same way divers repair holes in drysuits. Go to a dive shop and ask them for some drysuit repair glue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few years ago, I bought some Normatecs that had been patched. No issues. Seemed to be the same material as the legs themselves, and glued on. No issues. Sold them to a buddy a couple years ago and haven't heard any complaints from him.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wojoku wrote:
I recently purchased a used Normatec MVP system. Subsequently, I found that the right leg does not fill due to a hole in the heel. If I hold the hole closed, it does fill.

Normatec has informed me that it is difficult to repair and does not offer any repair options or advice. Instead, they are offering me a single boot for the same price I bought the system for (not an option I am entertaining).

Has anyone ever repaired a hole in a Normatec or similar boot? A friend has recommended duct tape, but I don't foresee that as a long term solution.

Thank you!

If I may ask, who did you buy the system from and why did you purchase the much older MVP system??? What did you end up paying for it? If I was you I would go back to your seller. It would have been nice if Normatec could have helped out but the boots are far out of warranty as well. They stopped making the MVP in what 2015? Fwiw, the new 2018 Pulse model (not 2016-20127) has even further enhanced durability for the legs backed by an additional year warranty for a total of 2 now.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Feb 7, 18 16:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec Repair - Anyone Done It?? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tape did not work despite a number of people saying it worked for them.

I wound up using an iron on clothing patch from a craft store (one I had lying around from patching clothes years ago). It has thus far inflated and held through two uses. I'm honestly impressed the patch held at all. I had expected to seek out other materials.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We use our boots once or twice a day at PR Labs in Boulder. When one got a small hole, I came here looking for a solution.

What I ended up doing was getting A Gear Aid Tenacious tape patch. I found them at a big box store for $1.99, there are four in each pack. Two black, two clear.
Tenacious Tape Repair Patches | GEAR AID

Ours has been in place for about a month, no issues. The patch is almost a perfect color match. My only advice is to lay the boot on a flat surface before applying the patch, also wipe clean with rubbing alcohol.

++Mark.
https://prsportslab.com

Last edited by: trimark: Jul 8, 21 10:41
Quote Reply