Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap P1 power meter issues
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I hope somebody here can help me. I bought a second hand powertap p1 in craislist and paid in cash. It was working on and off until one day stopped working completely. I contacted Powertap to have them repaired and they asked for proof of purchase which I don’t have. Of course the seller doesn’t even respond and is not willing to help in any way. Has anyone encountered with a situation like this? Would they still fix them without proof of purchase? Thanks in advance for the help
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 power meter issues [sergioandres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have already replaced the batteries with lithium ones, you could try replacing the battery caps (20$ on the powertap website and the v3 caps have a slightly different design compared to the v2 caps). My pedals were intermittently dropping out and then stopped working completely and replacing the battery caps fixed the issue.

Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 power meter issues [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the reply. I did all that already after chatting with the tech support, battery, lid, etc. I reached a point where there is nothing else I can try so I need to have them repaired
Last edited by: sergioandres: Feb 7, 18 10:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have fun. Problem is most companies do not honor any kind of warranty to 2nd hand purchases. Hopefully it does not cost too much for the repair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something is not right here. Why would PT care if you were the 1st, 2nd or 50th owner - if you wanted to *pay* for the repair. If you're trying to get *warranty* service, then, w/o a proof of purchase + date *at least*, your request would be unreasonable IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 power meter issues [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
should have said it was a christmas gift and you have no receipt, worked for me

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 power meter issues [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Believe it or not... In my case the right pedal seems to work only with one brand of batteries, funny yes (very), but true.
Quote Reply