Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's your favorite nutrition/training book?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to make some wholesale dietary changes, what is your favorite nutrition book? I eat way too much junk! I dropped 25 lbs last year through training alone, now I'm ready to take the last 10 to 15 off this year to be more competitive and help prevent injuries from carrying the extra weight. I think I'll be attempting my first full IM in October. I'm 60 years old and around 200 lbs now. I would like some easy recipes and advice on how, when and what to eat. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite nutrition/training book? [Denizen of Deep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are some I like:

Mark Sisson - "Primal Endurance"
Feed Zone Cookbook
The Athlete's Plate
Real Fit Kitchen
The Athlete's Kitchen
Well Fed Cookbook
Quote Reply
Re: What's your favorite nutrition/training book? [Denizen of Deep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The key here is to have a well-stocked pantry of versatile basics that aren't too finicky or time consuming and can be transformed into a variety of things.

A few good places to start off the top of my mind would be:

The Feed Zone
& The Feed Zone Table & The Feed Zone Portables (healthy snacks for when you're on the go or working out so you don't have to subsist on $$ sugar bomb snacks)

Run Fast Eat Slow
& its sequel to this coming later this year

the Thug Kitchen series is good

check the Skinnytaste website

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another recommendation for The Feed Zone Cookbook and also The Racing Weight Cookbook.

Now these two approaches are different however they both are great and you can take the best parts of what works for you.

These two helped me to drop 60 pounds and keep it off for over 6 years. Good Luck!
Last edited by: TravelingTri: Feb 7, 18 18:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would add:
Runners World Cookbook
Racing Weight

Both have a good variety of foods and easy to more in-depth recipes based on what you want to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Denizen of Deep wrote:
I'm looking to make some wholesale dietary changes, what is your favorite nutrition book? I eat way too much junk! I dropped 25 lbs last year through training alone, now I'm ready to take the last 10 to 15 off this year to be more competitive and help prevent injuries from carrying the extra weight. I think I'll be attempting my first full IM in October. I'm 60 years old and around 200 lbs now. I would like some easy recipes and advice on how, when and what to eat. Thanks!

I am a big fan of Jesse Kropelnicki's (HEAD QT2 Coach) - The Endurance Training Diet & Cookbook

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No meat athlete cookbook, and Brandan Brazier Thrive diet
Quote Reply