Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peoplekind, rejoice!
Quote | Reply
So much progress!

Quote:
Canada to change lyrics in national anthem, make it gender-neutral

It was a simple tweak - just two words.

But with that, Canada just voted to turn its national anthem "Oh Canada" gender neutral, delighting liberal lawmakers and infuriating conservatives.
The offending line - "in all thy sons command" - was switched to "in all of us command."

"Mauril's bill to make O Canada gender neutral passed third reading in the Senate tonight - another positive step towards gender equality,'' tweeted Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Feb 6, 18 19:20
Quote Reply
Re: Peoplekind, rejoice! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
So much progress!

Quote:

But with that, Canada just voted to turn its national anthem "Oh Canada" gender neutral, delighting liberal lawmakers and infuriating conservatives.
The offending line - "in all thy sons command" - was switched to "in all of us command."

"Mauril's bill to make O Canada gender neutral passed third reading in the Senate tonight - another positive step towards gender equality,'' tweeted Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Meh... the original English version (O Canada was originally commissioned in French) in 1908 was 'True patriot love thou dost in us command.'. It was modified at some point by 1914 to the current version...

Good job main stream media and parliament making something out of nothing... they're just trying to distract us from something, for sure...
Quote Reply
Re: Peoplekind, rejoice! [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
sphere wrote:
So much progress!

Quote:

Meh... the original English version (O Canada was originally commissioned in French) in 1908 was 'True patriot love thou dost in us command.'. It was modified at some point by 1914 to the current version...

Good job main stream media and parliament making something out of nothing... they're just trying to distract us from something, for sure...

This. As much as I hate current PC culture and ultra-sensitivity to the terminally offended, this one ranks as a solid "meh" on my "give'o'shit" meter.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Peoplekind, rejoice! [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
sphere wrote:
So much progress!

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't someone try to float this idea a few years ago, they did some polls and found almost no support?
Quote Reply