Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is my flatulence trying to tell me?
Quote | Reply
Recently started eating a lot cleaner. Beans, lentils, rice, etc as my main source of carbs. I have so much gas though. Every five minutes I'm ripping one that smells like a turpentine crossed with diesel. What is my body trying to tell me?
Quote Reply
Re: What is my flatulence trying to tell me? [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cabdoctor wrote:
Recently started eating a lot cleaner. Beans, lentils, rice, etc as my main source of carbs. I have so much gas though. Every five minutes I'm ripping one that smells like a turpentine crossed with diesel. What is my body trying to tell me?

probably that you are consuming too much fiber.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your body is telling you that fart humor is always appreciated.

Keep eating healthy: at the very least you can use the increased flatulence as an excuse to get up and leave the office often during the day. Conversely, if you want people to stay out of your office, this is a great way. May I suggest more broccoli and peanuts?

Be careful and don't be this guy: http://www.ronsonwriter.com/content/view/69/9/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Likely the gas/bloating will decrease fairly quickly as you adjust to the diet. I imagine your stomach flora are changing their composition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cabdoctor wrote:

apart from adjusting to a new (more fibre based) diet you may also want to consider how fast you eat. Especially with "more volume" diets take your time, eat slowly. Chew, chew, chew. Swallowing air can be one of the reasons why it gets smelly. It's not just the type of food.
Quote Reply
Re: What is my flatulence trying to tell me? [stefa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poop jokes aren't my favorite, but a solid number two.
Quote Reply
Re: What is my flatulence trying to tell me? [Bulldogjcz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bulldogjcz wrote:
Poop jokes aren't my favorite, but a solid number two.

Lol.

It’s been 3 years and I’m still waiting for my flora to adjust. I think my issue is swallowing a lot of air during workouts. Downside of squirt bottles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cabdoctor wrote:

asked and answered, mate.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cabdoctor wrote:
It's not trying to tell you anything. It's functioning correctly.
Full of gas > vent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: What is my flatulence trying to tell me? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get this after swimming. big style. I sometimes feel like a beachball.

I have to gradually "deflate" during the first few hours at my desk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your flatulence is telling you that you have unrepentant sins in your life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It really helps to cook beans properly in order to remove the gas causing enzymes. I notice a difference when I eat beans cooked by someone who doesn't know what they're doing vs ones I cooked myself (soaked overnight and then changed the water after the first boil).
This guy covers it pretty well:
http://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2014/10/how-to-soak
Quote Reply
Re: What is my flatulence trying to tell me? [p3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
p3 wrote:
Your flatulence is telling you that you have unrepentant sins in your life.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Feb 7, 18 16:33
Quote Reply