Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which Disc?
Quote | Reply
I have a Gen 2 SC 7.5 and will be getting a HED disc for a birthday present from wife. I have gone through and read a ton of the threads, but I must have missed the one I was looking for. I thought I remember reading Karl saying that the Flat C2 disc was faster than the JET+ in the Gen 2 SC?

Am I wrong in that? Or is the JET+ Disc better for the Gen 2 SC?

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I gave up that extra 1/8sec or 1/32 of a watt by getting the wrong disc!
Quote Reply
Re: Which Disc? [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure which is faster, but the C2 disc is not flat. It has the same lenticular shape as the JET+.
The difference is the C2 brake track is 23mm wide while the JET+ brake track is 25mm wide.

The JET+ width may have clearance issues, considering it would be similar in shape to a WheelBuild cover, which has historical issue clearing the DuoTrap. Luckily, there are a lot of SpeedConcept owners on here who will have better first hand experience.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Which Disc? [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No love for FLO?
Quote Reply
Re: Which Disc? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Not sure which is faster, but the C2 disc is not flat. It has the same lenticular shape as the JET+.
The difference is the C2 brake track is 23mm wide while the JET+ brake track is 25mm wide.

The JET+ width may have clearance issues, considering it would be similar in shape to a WheelBuild cover, which has historical issue clearing the DuoTrap. Luckily, there are a lot of SpeedConcept owners on here who will have better first hand experience.
I run the JET+ disc on my speed concept with no clearance issues. I don't use the DuoTrap, through so I'm not sure if that would fit in there too. Looks like it would be close.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Disc? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't ride the disc with the Duotrap on there. There would be no benefit to have it on there while running the disc. Plus, I have everything else being measured else where. So losing the Duotrap is a non-issue. Good thinking though.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Disc? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
No love for FLO?

I don't have any experience with them, I have no doubt they are great wheels. I just happen to already have a set of HED wheels.
Quote Reply