Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calibrating Kickr and TrainerRoad
Quote | Reply
When using TrainerRoad and a Kickr, do I really need to calibrate the Kickr? The power readings are (should be) taken directly from my power meter (which I have calibrated). They suggest doing the spindown calibration for the kickr before every ride, but I just can't see the point. Does that calibration data ever get used if I'm using an external power meter?

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Calibrating Kickr and TrainerRoad [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zero offset / 'calibrate' your power meter and you're good. I've covered this one with a few test cases late last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUuW4oUn12s

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Calibrating Kickr and TrainerRoad [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
When using TrainerRoad and a Kickr, do I really need to calibrate the Kickr? The power readings are (should be) taken directly from my power meter (which I have calibrated). They suggest doing the spindown calibration for the kickr before every ride, but I just can't see the point. Does that calibration data ever get used if I'm using an external power meter?

So it sounds like you have both a physical power meter and a Kickr paired to TrainerRoad with PowerMatch, is that right? If so, then you do not need to calibrate the Kickr every ride. A simple zero-calibration of your PM will suffice.

I still like to calibrate once a month or so just to minimize the PowerMatch offset, but this is ultimately a pretty rare issue. Just keep in mind that if you are experiencing weird behavior, a Kickr calibration might help.

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply