Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hydraulic Grouppo Feedback...Ultegra 8070 or Sram Force HRD?
Quote | Reply
Deciding between these two groupsets for a new road bike build. Any pros or cons for those that have used both? Thx.
Quote Reply
Re: Hydraulic Grouppo Feedback...Ultegra 8070 or Sram Force HRD? [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sailnfast wrote:
Deciding between these two groupsets for a new road bike build. Any pros or cons for those that have used both? Thx.

Those Ultegra brifters cannot be had except as OEM. Shimano continues to move the goal posts and I wouldn’t be surprised if the delay lasts until summer or fall

That said the old version work fine and the group itself is excellent. The SRAM is also fine but it’s not di2
Quote Reply
Re: Hydraulic Grouppo Feedback...Ultegra 8070 or Sram Force HRD? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know. Looks like that leaves me with an easy decision. I've got SRAM on my 3 other bikes, so like the idea of keeping them all the same though the new Ultegra looks really slick!
Quote Reply
Re: Hydraulic Grouppo Feedback...Ultegra 8070 or Sram Force HRD? [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SRAM DOT brake fluid is PITA to work with, and bleeding requires all kind of special tools like syringes and stuff. Shimano is much easier to work with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are running out older di2 disc components very cheaply at the moment. I have ordered some for my new cross bike. I have done plenty of km on both, the di2 shifts faster and the brakes are better, front shifting much better with auto trim. I love the left/right up and down shifting on SRAM. I will set the di2 up as a 1x drivetrain so I can replicate the SRAM shifting, best of both worlds.
Quote Reply
Re: Hydraulic Grouppo Feedback...Ultegra 8070 or Sram Force HRD? [Blacky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know. Where are you finding the deals on di2 disc?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pro bike kit
Quote Reply